°Yer A Wizard, Marky Pt. 4°

Recommended Song(s) For This Imagine:
Black Magic Boy - Fran Hall
Take Me To Church (cover) - Vitamin String Quartet

Year 7

You left Hogwarts Castle that night not knowing where you were going, with only your robes, some Muggle clothes, your owl, and your wand. Kids and teachers alike tried to stop you, but you shook them off, and threatened when they wouldn't leave you alone. Before McGonagall could grab the Headmaster, you had run far past the magical boundaries of the grounds.

You sat at The Three Broomsticks is Hogsmeade, avoiding prying eyes and chugging down a Butterbeer. It was late at night, and the pitch black made you think of his normal dark hair. Which made you think about how it changed color with his mood, which made you think of his laugh and the way his eyes crinkle when he smiles. Pulling a picture out of your pocket, you had a wistful smile on your face.

It was a moving photo of you and Mark after Quidditch practice one day last year. Janet Creevey hadn't left you nor Mark alone since she arrived on campus, and for once you were happy of her constant picture-taking. She had managed to catch the moment when Mark had made an awful pun and you laughed your ass off while the rest of the team rolled their eyes at you two.

Your fingers gently graced over his face on the photo. "Fuck, I miss him." You whispered before stuffing it back into your pocket, paying the barkeep, and leaving.

Thinking for a moment, you then Apparated to just outside Diagon Alley. No better place to look first than where you met him ages ago. On the other side of the magic brick wall, it seemed all but abandoned. The lights were out, no kids ran screaming happily through the streets, and you wished for the normal hustle and bustle of the crowd.

A searing pain across your stomach stopped you for a moment as you hissed through the pain. It subsided then, and when you checked your abdomen, nothing was there. "What just happened?" You muttered, grasping your wand tightly in your robe pocket.

All the shops were closed, the only open door seemed to be The Leaky Cauldron. The owner Tom thankfully asked no questions when you requested a room, and showed you up a creaky staircase to a small, musty room.

"How long will you be staying, miss?" He queried.

"Just for tonight." You answered, putting your bag on the bed. "Tell me, Tom, what do you know of the Fischbachs?"

"Oh, well, they come by often enough, the mom less so since their youngest son went to Hogwarts. They actually don't live too far from here, I reckon the Knight Bus could get you there in ten minutes."

"Thank you."

He nodded at you then left, closing the door behind him. Laying on the bed and closing your eyes, you drifted off to sleep with images of Mark in your thoughts.

Voices floating up through the cracks of your bedroom floor woke you up early in the morning.

"Tom!" A man yelled, slamming his fist on a table or counter. "We are looking for a runaway student witch! She can't have gone far from Hogwarts! Have you seen her?"

"Why yes, I think I have, Minister." Tom responded.

You shot out of bed, packing up the few belongings you had taken out of your bag. If the Minister of Magic was looking for you, you were in big trouble. As their footsteps creaked up the stairs, you searched for a way out. The only thing that came to mind was the window.