°Percy Jackson AU Pt. 3°

((8k reads oh my fuck this is incredible i legitimately hit 7k three days ago this is doing so much better than i could have hoped for i love you all so so much thank you))

Recommended Song(s) For This Imagine:
Death Valley - Fall Out Boy

After dinner, you traipsed through camp with Mark and your cabin behind you towards the amphitheater. Tonight's bonfire was going to be fun, you could feel it.

"Y/N." One of your younger sisters, Ashley, who was just seven years old, tapped you on your arm.

"Yeah, Ash?"

"Who's that?" She whispered, pointing to Mark, who was chatting with Felix.

You laughed at her seriousness. "That's Mark, he's a new camper. He doesn't have a cabin yet so he's hanging out with us until then."

She still seemed wary of him, so you took her hand on yours. "Do you want to meet him? Come on."

Felix spotted you as you walked over with Ashley. "Hey Ashley!" He grinned, giving her a fist bump. "How's my favorite little sister?"

"She wanted to meet Mark." You said, and the boy perked up at his name. "She was afraid because she's never seen him before."

"Hi Ashley, I'm Mark." He introduced himself, holding a hand out.

She shook it firmly. "You're old. Why don't you have a cabin yet?"

"I really don't know." He shrugged as the cabin entered the amphitheater.

"Mark," you joined in the conversation. "How about you sit with Hermes' Cabin tonight, since you're unclaimed. Its right next to Athena Cabin anyway."

"Okay, I guess I'll go find Matt and Jack."

You watched him walk away, then rounded up all of your campers to lead them to Athena's seats. It was custom for the younger kids to sit in the front rows, and the older kids in the back rows, with the counselor holding their banner. So you were sat next to Felix on the end of the very last row, with Evan next to him. Evan was the oldest, he was seventeen, and you and Felix were sixteen. You were counselor because you had gone on the most quests, like camp rules stated.

Chiron was standing by the campfire, waiting for the chatter to die down. He impatiently stomped his hoof on the stones around the fire, and everyone became quiet. "Thank you. Welcome, new campers, and welcome back old campers. Today marks the official first day of camp. Quick reminder to clean your bunks every morning for extra points for your cabin, and to see your counselor for activity schedules." The centaur continued on with the typical announcements, which you tuned out, they were the same every year. Only Hephaestus kids are allowed near the bunkers in the forest, the Hermes kids weren't allowed to pull any pranks that caused bodily harm, and the naiads in the lagoon by Poseidon's cabin requested yet again that nobody go skinny dipping this year. Somebody always broke that last one every year.

You were constantly glancing over at Mark, waiting for any sign at all for him to be claimed. Even through Apollo cabin's singalongs, nothing about Mark changed, except for the fact that he took off his hoodie to reveal a video game tshirt underneath. You didn't understand how he could be warm, you were freezing cold so far way from the fire. Sighing, you turned your attention back to the songs, quietly singing the words. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw unusual movement and just as you turned your head to look, you could see Mark stealthily rolling off the bench.

Furrowing your brow, you assumed he was going to use the restroom or something, but kept one eye on him anyway. The tree nymphs didn't like it when people did their business on them, so he might get in trouble. You got lost in a song, forgetting about Mark's disappearance until something grabbed your ankles and you almost yelped.

You had apparently startled, because Felix turned to you with a questioning look. "Everything alright, Y/N?"

"Uh yeah, I've just got a headache. I think I'm going to go back to the cabin early, will you hold the banner?" You held out the pole to him, and he accepted it.

"Yeah, feel better."

"Thanks." You gently hopped off the bleachers, and then was pulled underneath them by Mark. "What do you need?"

"Where are the bunkers?" He whispered, looking around warily.

"Hephaestus' bunkers? I have no clue, only the kids in the Hephaestus cabin can get to them. All I know is that they're in the forest. Why?"

"I can see them."

"What? They're like, super deep in the forest, I don't think you can see them from here."

"No, not from here. In here." He pointed to his head. "Its almost as if there's a map to them burned into my brain. All twelve of them."

"Twelve? We only have two. Bunker 9 and Bunker 10."

"Some of the others are destroyed, but the others are hidden. We've gotta find them!"

Mark suddenly ran into the forest, and you had no choice but to follow him. You soon caught up with him, keeping his steady pace. "Shouldn't you tell Hephaestus cabin about this?"

"I want to see if I'm right first."

You continued twisting and turning through the trees until you reached a big boulder about the size of an airplane hangar. You took notice of the large nine above the grooves shaped like a door. "Okay, this looks like Bunker 9. But nobody has been able to get into it for years. Not since Leo left."

"Leo?"

"Leo Valdez. He was Hephaestus cabin's counselor until he left camp four years ago. We lost a lot of our counselors that year."

"Why'd they leave?"

You shrugged, kicking at a stone. "They grew up. My older sister Annabeth left, and Poseidon cabin's camper Percy. The most badass Aphrodite camper ever, Piper, as well. Zeus cabin's only camper, Jason."

Mark ran his fingers over the grooves in the rock. "That sounds like a lot of powerful demigods."

"I know, they left behind really big shoes to fill."

"So how come they haven't been able to open the bunker since Leo left? Did he take the key with him?"

"There was no key. I shouldn't be telling you this, only counselors are privy to this information but it was opened with fire. Fire summoned from Leo's hands. No other child of Hephaestus has been given that power since him, so they haven't been able to open it."

"Hm. You mean like this?" He asked, snapping his fingers, and a small flame was hovering between his thumb and index finger.

You felt your eyes widen and your jaw drop as you watched him turn his hand to cradle the flame, and it grew to fit in his palm. "Mark, holy shit! You must be a son of Hephaestus!"

"Perhaps." He said, offering the hand not carrying the flame out to you. "Shall we go in?"

You accepted it, holding his hand in yours while he held his other one out to illuminate the bunker. "Yeah, I guess we should. Yknow, figure out what in the Hades is even in here."

Mark chuckled, pulling you further into the dimly lit bunker.