Chapter 1 ~edited~

"My Lord?" her voice quivered slightly.

"Bellatrix?" the second voice hissed, sounding both annoyed and bored.

"It seems as though something terrible has happened, my Lord."

"Spit it out already," the voice snarled.

"Do you remember that thing that happened a month ago?"

"I told you to never mention it again," the second voice got angrier.

"Well... I checked, I took a few tests, and went to a doctor at St. Mungos..."

"What's the matter?"

"I'm pregnant."

"WHAT?" the reply was roared out and the chandelier above the pair shook.

Footsteps could be heard coming from the door behind them.

"My Lord, I heard you yelling, is everything alright?"

"Yes Lucius, quite alright."

The footsteps retreated quickly. Bellatrix looked up at the cloaked figure in front of her. Lord Voldemort, the most powerful wizard, besides Dumbledore of course, was glaring at her. She cowered in fear and held her hands to her stomach.

Voldemort looked down at her hands and growled loudly, "Is Rodolphus aware of your current situation?"

"Yes my Lord."

"What did he have to say about it?"

She looked at him determinedly, "He came up with a wonderful idea."

She continued when he didn't reply, "He thinks that we should only tell a select amount of people. For the others, we tell them that it's our child and that you needed an heir so you have agreed to be a sort of mentor to the child."

Voldemort thought for a moment and nodded slowly, "That does sound like an intriguing idea."

Bellatrix looked at him hopefully as she secretly didn't want to give up the child. She had seen how happy her sister, Narcissa, looked knowing she was expecting in 7 months. She watched Voldemort as he thought hard about what she had said. Eventually he turned on his heel swiftly and left the room, leaving her to her thoughts.

* * * * * * * *

A couple months later, Bellatrix was sitting in the kitchen with Narcissa and her husband, Lucius. Bellatrix was constantly asking her sister questions as she wanted to be as prepared as possible. Narcissa had no clue as to why her sister was asking all these questions, she was usually so uncaring and standoffish.

"Do you know if it's going to be a boy or a girl yet?" Bellatrix asked excitedly.

"No, not yet," Narcissa spoke gently as she sipped her tea.

"Have you thought of a name?" Bellatrix asked.

"No, Bella."

"When is the baby coming again?"

Narcissa raised a delicate eyebrow, "Why so many questions Bella?"

Bellatrix looked down, "Oh, no reason Cissy. I was just curious."

Narcissa rolled her eyes at her husband, "But why? I didn't think you would care this much about the baby, even if they will be your niece or nephew."

Bellatrix hesitated, as much as she adored her sister, she didn't know if she was ready to tell people. She shook her head towards her sister and got up. Narcissa hurriedly grabbed her arm and pulled her back into the chair.