Chapter 34 ~edited~

Juliet passed a few students as she weaved her way through the library. She paused mid step for a book to pass through and finally reached a table. Setting her stuff down, she looked at the girl sitting there.

"Hi."

Hermione looked up at her shocked, "Hi?"

"Do you mind if I sit down?"

She hesitated, "I don't know."

"I promise I won't be here long."

"Are you going to be studying?" she put her quill down, "or did you want to talk to me?"

Juliet chuckled nervously, "I wanted to talk to you."

"I can't talk to you," Hermione grabbed another book from her bag.

Juliet sat down at the table and sighed. She watched a few students seated at another table, talking quietly but animatedly.

"Can I just talk to you? Please? You don't even have to answer, I just need someone to listen."

Hermione groaned, "Fine, make it quick."

Juliet nodded, "I didn't mean anything that I had said to Harry. I shouldn't have said it. I have a reason why though."

Hermione gave her a doubtful look but motioned for her to go on.

"Did Harry tell you who my father is?"

Hermione shook her head, "He said it was for you to tell."

Juliet leaned in to whisper, "My father is Voldemort, he's been teaching me Dark Magic since I was little. This summer, he was angry that I had told Harry," she took in a deep breath, "he locked me up in the basement and tortured me."

"Is that why you had so many bruises and cuts?"

"Yes. He gave me a job to do and if I don't complete it, he said he would kill me. I only said those awful things to Harry to keep him safe. I didn't want my parents to think I was still friends with him," she said.

Hermione rubbed her eyes, "This is a lot to take in."

"I know."

"Why are you telling all this to me?"

Juliet shrugged, "I didn't know who else to go to. Ginny won't talk to me either. I really need your help."

"Come on Juli," she complained, "I can't help you, it's betraying Harry."

Juliet dropped from the chair and wrapped her arms around Hermione's torso, "I'll do anything!"

"Fine! I'll help you."

"Thank you so much!" Juliet squealed, picked up her bag and ran off, "You won't regret it!"

* * * * * * * *

Juliet adjusted her jumper as she waited impatiently outside. It was slightly warm for a March afternoon and it had luckily stopped raining in time for the Hogsmeade weekend.

When she heard the voices approach she almost considered ducking behind a tree, but instead she remained waiting.

Harry saw her and immediately looked away. Hermione noticed this and bumped his shoulder.