Chapter 40 ~edited~

"I can't believe you let a couple of kids convince us to do this," Sirius grumbled.

The Muggle streets of London were busy and Sirius admired the way they walked about without a care in the world. If they only knew what was really happening around them.

Remus glared at him, "You're the one that offered! I wanted to stay home."

"Well I wanted to help! Plus they're just kids."

"This is so dangerous and illegal," Remus protested.

"So letting our Harry and my cousin do it would've been better? They're in love and I think this is the perfect chance to give them a bit of a break."

Remus remained silent. The pair crossed the street and walked through the Leaky Cauldron. They went past the brick wall, down the path and entered Gringotts. Sirius tapped his wand against the long desk once they were inside.

"I'd like to enter my vault," he said.

The goblin nodded right away, inspected his wand and took them to the carts once he was satisfied.

Sirius pointed his wand at the goblin when they were a safe distance away, "Imperio."

The cart suddenly changed course and turned the corner. Soon they arrived at the vault they needed. The goblin opened the door and let them inside.

"I can't believe I'm in Bellatrix's vault," Sirius snickered.

"Don't touch anything," Remus warned.

Sirius snorted, "Right, they won't notice the important Hufflepuff Cup but they'll panic if a couple of coins go missing."

Sirius and Remus lit up their wands and they shone it around. Remus spotted the Cup on a high ledge.

"How are we going to reach that?"

"You'll have to jump."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes I am, who are you?"

Remus shook his head, "Enough with the jokes. I'm going to climb on top of that ledge."

Remus placed his foot on the ledge and his hand accidentally touched a few coins. The coins tumbled to the floor and started to multiple.

Sirius jumped out of the way, "Don't touch anything!" he shouted.

Sirius grabbed Remus by the waist and helped him reach higher. Remus had grabbed the Cup and was about to step down, when he slipped on a chalice. He crashed to the floor, Sirius underneath him, and landed on other objects and coins which started to multiple as well.

Sirius helped Remus back up and they swam to the door. The multiplying continued, burning their skin. The goblin stayed outside, watching them with glazed eyes.

Sirius pointed his wand at the goblin and they were taken back up. Remus stuffed the Cup into his coat before they reached the top.

They jumped out of the cart and were leaving when the alarm sounded. Sirius immediately sprinted for the door, Remus at his heels.

The two grabbed hands and Diapparated.

They landed in front of the Potter's house and they barged inside, sweating.