Chapter 39 ~edited~

Draco was lounging in his room when he heard screaming again. He covered his ears as he felt his heart ache. A knock on the door made him get up reluctantly.

Narcissa stood on the other side with tears in her eyes, "Can I come in?"

He nodded and silently sat on his bed again. He took in a few deep breaths before smiling weakly at his mother.

She sat down next to him and patted his cheek, "Why is your cousin so foolish."

Draco remained silent, he didn't believe Juliet was foolish, he thought she was incredibly brave.

"I knew she shouldn't have left. Oh, she's like a daughter to me and there's nothing I can do to help her"

Draco frowned, "Have you thought about helping her escape?"

"Don't be absurd. He'll kill us all."

Draco fiddled with a wooden owl that was on his night stand, "She gave this to me for my birthday a few years ago."

"That's nice."

He stood up suddenly and straightened his back, "She's not just my cousin, she's one of my best friends. I can't sit here and listen to her in pain. She would never just sit around waiting for a solution Mother, she would be the solution."

Narcissa shushed him, "You'll be going back to school tomorrow. Just be glad you got to come home for Christmas, instead of at school."

He felt his hands ball in fists, "I believe that Juli will make a great change in the world. She can't do that locked up in our basement."

Narcissa sighed, "You know I adore her. But you're the most important thing to me and I can't let anything happen to you," she kissed him softly on the cheek before leaving the room.

Draco threw himself on the bed and thought for a moment. An idea suddenly clicked in his head and he bolted from the room, the wooden owl firmly in his hand as he strength.

He snuck down the hall and passed by a door that was left ajar, when he heard voices.

Bellatrix spoke in a hushed voice, "I'm positive it's still there."

"How do I know that we can trust Gringotts?" Voldemort's voice said.

"Trust me, it's safe!"

Voldemort huffed, "If anyone steals that Cup, all the blame will be on you."

Draco leaned away from the door, not hearing the rest of their words, and grinned. He tip toed away and started running once he was out of ear shot.

Soon, he reached the basement that was guarded by a Death Eater. He moved out of the shadows and approached him:

"Your shift is over, you can go upstairs," he said, his voice feigning power.

The Death Eater turned to him, "I just started my shift."

"The Dark Lord needs you. He said it was urgent."

He nodded, "Thank you Mr. Malfoy."

Draco chuckled and made his way further down.