Chapter 2 ~edited~

The first year was hard on everyone, especially Voldemort. He couldn't handle the constant crying from both children. He tried to tolerate Juliet's crying but he would get frustrated so often that he was always leaving the Manor. Bellatrix was always angry, at herself, at Juliet, and especially at Voldemort. She knew this was going to be hard on him but this was hard on her too. She was always watching her sister when she was handling Draco. She would try and copy her movements which wasn't always successful.

"Come on Juliet, stop crying," Bellatrix wailed desperately.

Narcissa shook her head towards her, "You can't keep copying me Bella, she wants different things than Draco."

"What does she want then?"

"She's your child, watch her more and you'll figure it out. Eventually you'll become tuned to her needs and find a routine."

Bellatrix lifted up Juliet and sniffed, "Well right now she stinks."

"Then go clean her!"

Bellatrix left to go clean Juliet and suddenly an idea popped into her head. She quickly changed Juliet and ran to write a letter.

* * * * * * * *

"You're not serious are you?" Narcissa yelled.

Bellatrix flinched, "I'm not the only one who agrees."

"You're both insane. She needs her mother, not her aunt."

"Please Cissy, I can't handle her anymore. I have other things I need to attend to. It will only be until she is five years old and then I'll take her back."

Narcissa sighed, "What if she forgets who you are?"

"She won't."

"How do you even know that."

Bellatrix crossed her arms, "I'll drop by once in awhile and still be around but you'll be looking after her."

"I'll think about it."

* * * * * * * *

Another year later and everyone at the Manor was getting ready for a joint party. Draco had turned two a month ago and now it was Juliet's birthday. They had agreed on a joint party because no one was up to getting together twice for a minor occasion but Lucius insisted on having a catered dinner.

Narcissa had eventually agreed to looking after Juliet, and it had been a lot of work taking care of two under two. It had been worse when Juliet had tried calling her Mummy instead of Aunt Cissy. It didn't take long to get it into her head that she wasn't allowed to call her that but Narcissa felt bad that Juliet's actual mom wasn't around.

"Cissy?"

"Bella? I'm in here," Narcissa called from the kitchen.

"Hello sister dear. How are you?"

"I've been better, I suppose. Yourself?"

"I've been fantastic, the Dark Lord and I have been terrorizing many cities, it is such good fun."

Narcissa rolled her eyes and continued frosting a large cake. Bellatrix caught her movement and frowned.

"What's the matter Cissy?"

Narcissa sighed, "It's Juliet, she needs you Bella, I'm not sure how much longer I can do this."

Bellatrix scoffed, "What for? You're keeping her alive, that's all that matters."

"I can't believe I actually thought you would care about her!" Narcissa shouted.

Bellatrix now rolled her eyes and threw her hands up, "I don't know anything about taking care of a baby."

"She's not a baby anymore, she's a toddler and a brilliant one. You can't learn how to take care of her just by sitting around or leaving for months on end, she's starting to think Lucius and I are her parents."

Bellatrix eyes widened, "No! I only asked you to watch her, not become her parents."

"She's a toddler, she can't understand that."

"Fine, I want her back then."

Narcissa shook her head, "I worked too hard these last two years to let you take her, you might kill her!"

Bellatrix sneered, "I'm taking her and that's final."

* * * * * * * *

Bellatrix woke up one morning to the sound of glass crashing to the floor. She flew out of her bed and ran into the kitchen where she found Juliet atop of the counter, crying.

Bellatrix yelled out in frustration which caused Juliet to start screaming and crying even louder. Juliet had discovered some of her magical abilities and had started causing even more trouble than the normal two-year-old.

She instantly regretted taking Juliet back, it had only been a week and she was already tired of it. After she had cleaned up the glass with a flick of her wand, she went into the living room to send an owl to Narcissa. She sighed, she knew her sister had been right in wanting to keep her.

She started writing out a letter when she heard Juliet talking to herself. Bellatrix got up and went towards the direction of her voice. She found her in her room, twirling around, with a bucket over her head.

Bellatrix laughed fondly, "Juliet, what're you doing?"

"Dancin'!" she squealed.

Bellatrix picked up Juliet and starting spinning around with her. The two of them spent the next hour dancing and singing in high pitched voices, though it was mostly incoherent babbling for Juliet.

Later on, Bellatrix fixed up a sandwich for herself and a small soup for Juliet for lunch. After they had finished eating, Bellatrix took Juliet to the living room, put on a movie and they both fell asleep. Bellatrix gently squeezed Juliet to her and sighed contently, relief washing over her.

* * * * * * * *

Bellatrix was getting ready for the day, she had called Narcissa asking if she wanted to meet at a secluded park with the kids. Bellatrix didn't have any proper Muggle clothes, which is why they were meeting at an abandoned park. She left her room once she was satisfied and saw Juliet sitting at the bottom of the stairs.

She was growing up quite beautifully. Her black hair cascaded down her back in the same curls Bellatrix possessed. Bellatrix was relieved that she had her nose as well. Juliet's eyes were almost black, similar to what her fathers used to be like, and she was now four years old.

"Juliet are you ready now darling?"

She nodded, "Yes Mum," she replied politely.

Bellatrix sat next to her and noticed her eyes were watery, "What's the matter?"

"How come I don't have a Daddy?"

Bellatrix cleared her throat, "He's busy."

"Draco has one."

"I know Juliet, your father is just really busy but he should be coming home soon," Bellatrix said as she stood up and took Juliet by the hand, leading her outside.

Bellatrix shook her head to herself as she silently hoped that the Dark Lord wouldn't be back anytime soon. She had finally managed to bond emotionally with her daughter and didn't want anyone to take that away. Even Rodolphus had noticed a change in her and would leave the two of them alone months at a time.

* * * * * * * *