Chapter 7 ~edited~

Juliet hopped off the train onto the platform, covering her face with her hair and the hood of her sweater. She winced as a sharp pain from her ribs hit her. Draco looked at her in concern but backed off when he received a glare from her. Juliet held her side and made her way to the carriages.

Easter break had been miserable for her, more than usual. She was used to being ignored, forgotten or even busy with a lesson. This year however, she had been yelled at, cursed and tortured. She was aware that this wasn't how parents should discipline their children, but she didn't have normal parents.

She felt envious of Draco, he got a heavy basket full of chocolates, coins and other trinkets. She was also furious that he would betray her like this, as far as she was concerned she didn't want anything to do with traitors.

"Password?"

"Salazar," Juliet mumbled.

The doors to the common room swung open and Draco walked through, leaving Juliet struggling to get in. She made it into her dorm room and plopped down on the bed. She glanced at the mirror on her bedside table, grabbed it, nervously moved her hair and came face to face with a giant purple bruise around her eye. She sat up and threw the mirror across the room, the glass shattering. She curled up under the covers and fell asleep.

* * * * * * * *

Juliet ate her breakfast quickly the next morning. She had pulled the hood from her cloak over her head and had put on dark sunglasses she had brought from home. She knew she would get in trouble for doing both of these things but she didn't want any questions over the bruise. Once she had finished her oatmeal she bolted from the table, only to bump into a couple of professors.

"Sorry," she whispered.

Professor Snape raised an eyebrow, "Ms. Lestrange take those sunglasses off, you know the rules."

She hesitated, "I'm afraid I can't do that Professor."

Professor McGonagall spoke up, "Ms. Lestrange when a Professor tells you to do something..."

Juliet interrupted, "I said I can't do that."

Professor Snape grabbed her arm and led her into a corner as more students arrived for breakfast. Professor McGonagall pulled Juliet's hood down and took the glasses off.

She gasped, "Ms. Lestrange what happened to your eye?"

Juliet tried wiggling out of Professor Snape's grasp, "Nothing."

Professor Snape frowned, "I'll take her to the hospital wing"

Professor McGonagall nodded, "I think we ought to bring the Headmaster into this as well."

Professor Snape nodded and dragged Juliet to the hospital wing. She tried not to complain as the pain in her ribs grew. Madam Pomfrey scurried out of her office at the sight of the group.

"Just a minor bruise, I'm sure ice and time will handle this just fine."

Professor McGonagall came in followed by Dumbledore.

Madam Pomfrey frowned, "It's just a bruise."

Professor Dumbledore sighed, "I understand but when a student comes back from break with a bruise like that I must interfere."

Madam Pomfrey shook her head and handed Juliet an ice pack. When Juliet stretched out to grab it a searing pain came from her ribs, causing her to drop the ice. Professor Dumbledore bent down and picked it up.

"I'm not sure it's just a bruise Madam Pomfrey."

Madam Pomfrey sighed, "Ms. Lestrange just get it over with and tell us what's wrong."

Juliet placed her hand protectively over her ribs, "I said it was nothing."

Professor Dumbledore nodded, "Of course Ms. Lestrange. Professor McGonagall, Professor Snape, would you join me for a cup of tea?"

The three Professors left and Madam Pomfrey looked back at Juliet, "Do you want to go as well or do you want my help?"

Juliet sniffled, "Help me please?"

Madam Pomfrey shook her head, "Dear me child, couldn't you have said so in the first place."

Juliet lifted her shirt slightly revealing multiple bruises and marks all over her skin. Madam Pomfrey gently skimmed her fingers over them and took out her wand.

"This won't hurt a bit," she tapped her wand on Juliet's ribs, "Ferula."

Juliet sighed in relief, "That feels so much better."

"Well of course, you had minor fractures on two of your ribs," she scoffed.

Juliet gave her a small smile before picking up her book bag and making her way out. She hastily wiped a tear that had managed to escape and made her way to class.

* * * * * * * *

Juliet laid down on the damp grass after classes were over. She loved coming to this spot, it was always so quiet and calming. She closed her eyes and felt raindrops hit her face. When she opened her eyes she saw a pair of green eyes looking at her.

"Harry?"

He sat down on the grass, "Hi Juliet, how was your Easter break?"

She sat up, "Fine," she said coldly.

An uncomfortable silence passed over them.

"Did you do anything fun?"

Juliet glared at him, "Why do you care," she growled.

He frowned, "I'm just asking my friend a question."

She chuckled darkly, "Which friend are you talking about? It better not be me."

"Did I do something wrong?"

Juliet stood up, "Just leave me alone. We're not friends, never have been, and never will be."

Harry stood up as well, "Are you okay?"

Juliet huffed and shoved him, "I'm fine, just go away," she snarled.

Harry looked at her with shocked eyes before walking away. Juliet watched him leave before throwing herself back on the grass. She turned around once more before lying down and closed her eyes as a way to shut out the rest of the world.

* * * * * * * *
Author's Note

Sorry it took so long for this chapter to come out. Thanks for reading :)

12/20/2017 : this book is currently being edited but don't hesitate to leave any comments if I missed anything <3