Chapter 33 ~edited~

"Worthless. Pathetic. Lazy. Useless," the words were spat out like poison.

Juliet quivered slightly as she kept her head bowed.

Lord Voldemort grabbed her hair roughly and pulled her face up, "You will look at me when I talk to you."

"You didn't say anything worth answering to," she answered back confidently.

The slits where his nose should be flared, "You're not of any use to me. Do you know how easy it would be to kill you?"

"If it's so easy, why haven't you done it yet?" she challenged.

He shoved her to the ground, "I need someone on the inside."

"So you do need me."

He hissed at her, "How did I get stuck with a disobedient daughter?"

She frowned, "I must not be your daughter then. Besides, I hate doing this."

"Then why are you doing it?"

"Everyone expects me to end up like you," she snarled, "I'm only doing this to make you and everyone else happy."

"Happy? You're such a fool Juliet. Do you honestly think someone like me could ever be proud of you?"

"I thought..."

"The minute I knew about you I wanted you gone, you're just a foolish mistake. I didn't want to be a father but I became ready to train you. But now I can't even look at you."

"You were just using me..." Juliet glared at him.

Bellatrix's voice interrupted, "My Lord? What is going on?"

"Nothing, Lestrange. Just a father and daughter talk."

"But..."

"Out!" he roared.

She scurried away and quickly shut the door. Juliet frowned as she sat on the floor.

Voldemort looked at her in disgust, "Finish the job or I'll come and do it myself."

He slammed the door behind him as he left. Juliet stood up and dusted her pants. She resisted the urge to scream.

Draco suddenly opened the door, "Juli? Mum wants to know if you want to open your Christmas presents now."

She sniffled, "Not really."

He pulled her into a hug, "Don't cry Juli, you're stronger than that," he lowered his voice, "I know you can defeat him. I promise I'll help you with whatever you need. I won't let them hurt you anymore."

She chuckled, "Thanks Draco, you're the best cousin I know."

"That's because I'm the only cousin you talk to."

"Shut up and take the compliment."

* * * * * * * *

Professor Dumbledore passed Juliet a box of chocolates. She eyed him suspiciously but accepted it.

"How did your holidays go?" he asked.