Chapter 18 ~edited~

"Lumos."

"I changed my mind, we shouldn't be here," Juliet said nervously.

The stairs creaked beneath their feet, "We can't turn back now, we're already here."

Juliet rubbed her cold hands together, "Did you tell anyone we were here?"

"No."

"Harry! You should've, how is anyone going to find us?"

"You know the others would've wanted to come too and I can't exactly go to Professor McGonagall and tell her we're going to see a fugitive."

Harry shone his wand around, illuminating the dark and old place. There were cobwebs everywhere and some of the floorboards were coming apart.

Juliet ran a finger along a window sill and continued up the stairs.

"How do you know she's really coming?"

"I don't," she whispered, "I think you should leave."

"You're not going to be able to do this by yourself. This is your mum too," he whispered back.

"Why didn't you tell Professor Lupin?"

"He would've told Sirius and he would've told my parents."

"I just have a really bad feeling in my stomach and if anything happens to you, I'll feel guilty forever."

"I'll know it's not your fault I'm so stubborn," Harry replied.

Once they reached the top of the stairs, Juliet put a finger to her lips. She carefully opened the door and peeked inside. It was empty.

"I thought she was coming for sure."

"I thought I told you to come alone."

Juliet and Harry whipped around and saw Bellatrix walk through the door. Harry grabbed Juliet and pulled her away.

"Isn't this sweet, you have someone to protect you," she sneered.

Juliet pushed Harry off, "I don't need protecting, he followed me here."

Bellatrix laughed menacingly, "Oh your father would be so proud, associating with a half-blood."

"He's a half-blood too!"

Harry whispered to her, "I thought Rodolpus was pure blood?"

Bellatrix cackled, "You haven't even told your own best friend who your real father is?"

"I...he told me I wasn't allowed to!" Juliet shouted.

"Still, you're weak, I thought you would've told somebody."

"I'm not weak!"

Juliet pointed her wand and Bellatrix laughed, "You don't have the guts, you're so weak, you'll never become a proper witch."

"Expelliarmus!"

Bellatrix's wand flew out of her hand and landed on the floor. Bellatrix merely laughed again.

Juliet felt the anger build up as she watched her mother laugh at her. The heat from her cheeks rose as she pointed her wand again.