Chapter 32 ~edited~

Juliet pulled her head out of the bowl and glanced at Dumbledore. She stood silently for a moment as she soaked it all in.

"What exactly was that sir?"

His eyes twinkled, "The memory from his grandfather. Unfortunately, you'll never get to meet your great grandfather as he has long passed."

"What's the significance of it?"

"You may have noticed a particular ring that he owned."

"What about it?"

He chuckled, "Your father was quite interested in it."

"Why?"

"I'm afraid that's for another time."

Juliet groaned, "Oh come on sir, we only looked at one. I'm sure you have hundreds of others."

He chuckled, "Patience is a good trait to have Ms. Lestrange."

Juliet rolled her eyes and sighed, "Fine. When can I come again?"

"I will send an owl. Have a good night Ms. Lestrange."

"You too sir," she said as she left the room.

Juliet wandered down the halls and finally reached the common room. It was empty except for a few older students.

She pulled out her things and started to write out a letter:

Riddle,

Everything is moving along a little slower than planned but I will continue to work hard.
Also, why is your grandfathers ring important?

- J

Once she was finished, she folded it up and pocketed it in her robe. Yawning, she made her way into her dorm and quickly fell asleep.

* * * * * * * *

Emeril hooted happily as Juliet tied the letter to her leg. She giggled slightly and gave her a small treat. After Emeril had flown off, Juliet made her way down to the Lake. She was just about to sit down when she heard familiar voices.

"What do you reckon is the matter with Juli?"

"How am I suppose to know Ron?" Juliet could hear the annoyance in Harry's voice.

"Well, you are best friends."

"He isn't wrong though Harry, you didn't hear from her all summer and school started a week ago," Hermione pointed out.

Juliet quietly moved away from the tree and walked away. She stepped on a twig that caught their attention.

Harry spoke up first, "Juli?"

Juliet sighed and turned around, "Harry."

"How've you been?" he said nervously.

"Fine."

He studied her, "I didn't hear back from you. I wrote you letters every week."

"Mhmm."

"Is everything okay?"

"Why shouldn't it be?" she replied coldly.