Chapter 4 ~edited~

"If someone asks you about your family, what do you say?"

"I tell them Bellatrix Lestrange is my mother and Rodolphus Lestrange is my father."

"What if someone threatens you?"

"I ignore them."

"During class when everyone is struggling to perform the spell..."

"I pretend I'm struggling as well."

Voldemort rubbed his hands together, "Excellent."

He looked into the dark eyes of his daughter, smiling to himself that all of his training had paid off. No longer did she have that air of innocence about her. She was cold, uncaring and almost as brilliant at magic as him. Almost. He was the only one who wasn't afraid of her, even Bellatrix was frightened over what she had become.

Draco peered in and spoke up nervously, "My Lord, Juliet's mother has asked if she could come into the kitchen, there's a letter for her."

Voldemort looked over to Juliet and dismissed her with a nod. Juliet followed Draco into the kitchen but was stopped in the hallway.

"Juli, you're not the same anymore."

Juliet rolled her eyes, "I've grown up Draco and I think it's time you did too."

She pushed past him and entered the kitchen where she was met with her parents, aunt and uncle. On the table was a two tiered cake covered in dark chocolate icing. She scrunched her nose towards the cake and looked at her mother who was smiling tentatively.

"Happy Birthday Juliet," she said.

"Draco said you have a letter for me?" Juliet said, ignoring her mother.

Bellatrix slumped her shoulders and reached the envelope from behind her. She looked down at it before handing it to Juliet. Juliet looked at it and ripped it open, as she had expected, it was a letter from Hogwarts. She skimmed through it before tossing it onto the table next to the cake.

Bellatrix took a step forward, "Are you going to try your cake?"

Juliet glared at her mom, "I don't think so."

Bellatrix face fell and she looked towards Narcissa, who gave her a sad smile. Juliet left the room and went back to her own room.

She looked around the room, it sure had changed from when it was just her and her mom. The walls were completely bare and her closet had been emptied of all her pretty dresses once her training had begun. She threw herself onto the weak, creaky bed and sighed. Her bottom lip quivered but she took in a deep breath and shook her head to rid of the sappy thoughts. If her father saw her like this he would be furious, she had been taught to not show any weakness. She only wished she could go back to a better time, where she didn't have to hurt people.

* * * * * * * *

"Anything from the trolley dears?"

Juliet glanced up from the book she was reading and saw the cart of treats in front of her. She licked her lips slightly, craving the taste of sugar but decided against it and shook her head.

She watched Draco pull out a few coins and head to the cart, suddenly feeling envious he could even carry coins with him. She wasn't allowed to have such luxuries, her job wasn't to have a good time at school but to finish as smoothly as possible so no one would notice her. Her father needed her once she had graduated.

"I'm bored, I think I'm going to go for a walk up and down the train," Juliet told Draco.

Draco simply shrugged his shoulders so she got up and left. Juliet started walking towards the opposite end of the train, stealing glances at the other students. She had almost reached the end of the train when she glanced through one of the windows and came face to face with brilliant emerald eyes. The eyes looked at her, seeming intrigued, and followed her as she kept walking. She reached the end of the train and took a moment to compose herself, she had never felt so drawn to someone before.

Juliet took a deep breath to try to calm down, she wasn't allowed to make any friends but its not like anyone would actually want to be her friend. She chuckled darkly to herself and made her way back to where she left Draco.

* * * * * * * *

Juliet waited anxiously for her name to be called, she knew what to expect but she was still incredibly nervous. Everyone was going to hate her, just because of who she was related to, granted she was just as terrible as them if not more. She glimpsed at the Head table and locked eyes with the Potions professor. Professor Snape was an old family friend, he had been incredibly loyal to her father and he would be watching over her during her time here. She even had the pleasure of learning some Potions prior to the start of term.

Professor McGonagall looked towards the scared first years and cleared her throat a few times before calling out the next name on the parchment;

"Juliet Lestrange."

The students erupted into a frenzy of whispers and tried to see which student it was. Juliet was prepared for this and walked over to the front and sat on the stool. She watched as the first years all stared at her and the other students continued whispering and pointing at her. Professor McGonagall picked up the hat and made to move towards Juliet but the hat screamed out before even coming close.

"Slytherin!"

Juliet gave the crowd a smirk and hopped off the stool. She made her way to the Slytherin table, sitting a few plates from the other students. She watched as the other students were sorted into their houses and felt slightly grateful that Draco sat next to her once he had been sorted.

"Harry Potter."

Juliet looked at the boy who sat on the stool and recognized the piercing green eyes. Her heart leapt into her stomach as she watched the hat be put on him.

"Gryffindor!"

Juliet slumped down and put her head on the table, she shouldn't feel so disappointed, he was just another student. Professor McGonagall rolled up her parchment, after the last few names had been called, and took away the hat and stool. The Headmaster, Professor Dumbledore, stood up and said a few words that she didn't hear.

Food appeared in front of her eyes and everyone around her started digging in. She sighed heavily before putting food on to her plate. Professor Snape had watched Juliet the entire time and decided he would need to keep a tight watch on her wandering eyes.

* * * * * * * *