Chapter 24 ~edited~

"Breathe Juli," she muttered to herself for the hundredth time.

She shivered slightly as she wrapped her arms around herself. The screaming had stopped and it was silent again. Too silent. There wasn't even a breeze to rustle the hedges of the maze.

Squinting through the darkness, she went down the path, her hand guiding her along. Up ahead, she saw the shiny blue Triwizard Cup. A twig snapped behind her and she spun around. Viktor had his wand pointed at her.

"You don't deserve to win," he said menacingly.

"I deserve it more than you do," she shot back.

"I entered this fairly," he growled, "You're just lucky they didn't kick you out for cheating."

"I didn't cheat!"

He suddenly took off running in the direction of the Cup and she started sprinting after him. They were running alongside each other. Juliet reached for the Cup at the same time that he did. She had a feeling in her stomach as though she were flying and she knew something was wrong.

She collapsed on to the ground, hitting her head. Opening her eyes, she noticed Viktor had also fallen.

"Juliet!" a voice called.

Juliet wiped her pants and looked around for the one who had spoken.

Lord Voldemort appeared to the side and with him were Bellatrix and a few other Death Eaters.

"Well, well, well! I didn't think you'd make it this far," Voldemort said.

Juliet stood up, "Thanks my Lord," she replied sarcastically.

"Who do we have here?" he pointed his wand at Viktor who stood with his hands up.

"Just another champion," Juliet answered.

"I'm afraid we'll have to get rid of him," the Death Eaters laughed with him.

"Why?" Juliet pointed her wand at him.

"Now Lestrange, I don't remember teaching you to question me, you know why."

"We can just Obliviate him," she insisted, though she knew he would never spare the innocent.

"No."

"He has nothing to do with you!"

"Lestrange, don't test me!"

"But my Lord!"

Voldemort glared at her and aimed his wand at Viktor, "Avada Kedavra!"

A green light left his wand and hit Viktor square in the chest. He fell to the ground and Juliet ran to him.

"No, no, no, no!" she cried out.

"Itty bitty baby Juli is all sad now," Bellatrix cackled.

"Everyone's going to think I had something to do with it!" Juliet screamed.

Voldemort picked her up by her robes and pulled her close, "You're too weak to ever do that," he let go of her and shook his head, "You're a pathetic excuse of a daughter."

Juliet wiped away angry tears and pointed her wand to his face, "I'm not weak."

Voldemort turned around, annoyed, "Lestrange just leave before you do something you'll regret."