chapter 4

The next night Rose walked out of her common room at five to eight to find Scorpius already waiting there for her.

"Didn't expect to see you here Malfoy" Rose spat at one of the only people she hated, but her father did force her to hate him "and early too"

"What did you expect Weasley? I am a gentleman, I am always on time, got the good looks and everything" Scorpius replied, being mean as his father would want him too. Even though he really didnt want to be mean to Rose. But she hated him, or so he thought.

"Ugh, you are so obnoxious Malfoy." Rose replied "but then it is a family trait I suppose, I shouldn't be surprised"

"Don't talk about my family like that Weaselette, it is much better than yours any day. Too many gingers to count with you lot" Scorpius spat back. 

"Ginger's good Malfoy, and you cant say your family is better than mine, when is the last time you had a family get together and had a good time?" Rose questioned. Scorpius didn't reply "As I thought Malfoy, don't speak like that if you don't even have proof"

"Alright Weasley, you got me, do you not think we should go now? We don't want to be late do we?" Scorpius asked, changing the subject.

"Yes, I suppose we should" Rose said as she and Scorpius walked down the stairs towards the first floor of the castle "It's gone eight now so any children under fifth year out of common rooms are in trouble. I am not in the mood to be handing out detentions so I think it would be best if we deducted points, unless you are in the mood to be holding them then it is up to you."

"Okay Weasley, good idea, how many points are we taking?" Scorpius replied

"Ten for each person, and you have to take them off, even if they are your own house, Malfoy, I know how you would just let them off because they're in your house. There is no doing that tonight Malfoy" Rose stated.

"I wouldn't do that anyway Weasley" Scorpius remarked "who do you think I am?"

"You're a Malfoy, you take pride in yourself and your house. You always want to be the best, even if it is have the whole of your house being the best as well. I know you lot. Mum has told me all about your father. And if you act in anyway the same as he did as prefect then I will report you to Flitwick and stop you being a prefect, just like your father was"

"What did my father do?" Scorpius asked, confused, Draco had never told Scorpius about the foolish ways he acted when he was at Hogwarts and the self-centred things he was ashamed of doing. "Father has never told be about any of this"

"Well, Mum and Dad were both prefects when they were at Hogwarts and they told me everything your Father did, he was a prefect too, but a very bad one. I don't know how he could have possibly got the role. Flitwick certainly wouldn't let him if what Mum and Dad have told me are true"

"What is this? What did Father do? Why was he such a bad prefect?" Scorpius demanded.

"Has your dad never told you?" Rose asked "I thought he would tell you so you know exactly how NOT to act"

"No, Father has never told me how he acted as prefect, to be honest, I never knew he was prefect at all, I don't know much about Father's school life"

"Oh... Sorry, I thought you would know" Rose mumbled

"Well, I don't, and I have been asking you to tell me, did you not get that?"

"No, I didn't actually Malfoy, so don't be so rude to me. But if you really want I will tell you now"

"Yeah, tell me now... please" 

"Wow, Malfoy, you do have manners! Okay. Well, to start with, before your father was prefect, he bullied my mother, just because she is muggle-born. Your father is - well maybe was - so self-centred and arrogant that unless you were a Slytherin pure-blood then you were dirt to him. Which is absolutely disgusting, you can't help who you are. And he called Mum a...a... oh I can't say it, I would never say that! Do you know which word I mean?"

"Yeah, I think so, the horrible one for muggle-born right?"

"Yeah, that one, it's horrible! Yeah, so your dad called Mum that and was always taunting Uncle Harry and Dad and just being downright mean to my parents and Uncle Harry. And then he got the prefect role and he was really bad at it. He gave out random detentions to people not in Slytherin for no reason. And he randomly deducted points from every other house except his own and if he caught a Slytherin doing something they should't be he just let them off, didn't do anything.Pansy Parkinson was no better."

"That's Petunia's mum"

"Yeah, I thought so. Mum said Pansy was so obviously in love with your Dad she just did anything he asked her to do and she agreed with everything he did and didn't do anything about it and she wanted him to love her so she did the exact same thing he did to make him think that she wasn't a goody-two-shoes and that she was 'just perfect' for him, Pansy's own words there!"

"I can't believe Pansy was in love with Dad, she's like family to me, we see her like once a week!"

"I wouldn't be surprised if she still was in love with your Dad, and that's why you see her so often! And it's so plainly obvious that Petunia's in love with you. It's actually disturbing how much she loves you! You can see she would do anything for you!"

"She is? That's a bit creepy. Like mother like daughter I guess, or maybe I got my good looks and charm with the ladies from Father, eh?"

"Don't even think of it Malfoy"

"Don't think of what?" Scorpius joked

"You know exactly what I mean Malfoy"

"I don't think I do"

"Just shut it Malfoy, we have a job to do" Rose spat as they turned the corner