Chapter 37

The next day Rose walked down to the great hall for breakfast alone. She needed to think. She knew that today she had to patrol with Scorpius and they would either argue or not talk at all, and whatever happened it would be awkward. She was the first person, apart from the teachers, into the great hall but the food was already laid out for her to eat. She took a seat on the Gryffindor table with her back to the Slytherin table for when Scorpius got there. Soon the great hall was full with people eating but Scorpius was not there. Rose was surrounded by everybody she knew- her friends and her family- all of which were trying to cheer her up, even though it didn't work. 

"Come on Rosie!" Fred II said, nudging her arm causing her to drop the toast she was holding "cheer up already!" 

"Come off it Freddie, she's not cheering up" James laughed "are you Rosie?"

"mm" Rose mumbled, that was the maximum she had said to anyone all morning

"guys, you don't even know why she is upset" Albus sighed, chucking a piece of bread at his older brother

"'Cause she won't tell us" Fred laughed, his laugh usually always cheered Rose up, but not today.

"She doesn't have to tell you" Albus said sternly, trying to tell them that this was no time to be messing around

"I know" James continued "But we don't have to know to cheer her up, do we Rosie? Eh?" 

"mm" Rose repeated

"Come on Ro! At least talk!" Lily asked, shaking her. Rose shook her head and stared down at her plate, which was now empty. 

"She's not talking Lil" Albus spoke for Rose

"You don't say?" Lily replied sarcastically "Maybe there is a reason you aren't in Ravenclaw, you are so dumb!"

"Hey!" Albus exclaimed, chucking the rest of the bread in his hand at his younger sister.

"Not sorry!" Lily exclaimed. Rose laughed, watching her cousins fighting was always funny. "I made her laugh! She laughed! She did something other then mming!!! Beat you Jamesie!" 

"It wasn't an competition Lil!" Rose laughed

"She's talking! Ha! Jamesie! Ha! Freddie! Beat you both!" Lily exclaimed throwing her arms up in the air in celebration 

"Stop talking like it was some sort of game! It wasn't a game! I just was in a bad mood! I'm not exactly better... But watching you argue is always funny!"

"Well, at least your talking!" Albus smiled, not feeling happy inside, knowing how his cousin and best friend felt

"Yeah.." Rose sighed "Just want to keep my mind off... You know.." 

"Yeah..."Albus sighed back "Just think about me and Lil arguing, you said that's funny!" He smiled back, feeling a bit happier knowing Rose was really trying to stop thinking about Scorpius

"I'm going to talk to him" Albus whispered, getting up from the table

"Don't hurt him" Rose whispered back, Albus nodded back and walked over to the Slytherin table and pulled Scorpius to the side. 

"How could you do this?" Albus asked sternly, his hand almost around Scorpius' neck

"What?" Scorpius asked

"You know perfectly well what! Look at her!" 

"She's laughing" Scorpius frowned

"It's a cover you idiot, she doesn't want the family knowing, half of them didn't even know you were dating in the first place" 

"She didn't tell them?"

"Think how they would have acted! Our family hates yours!" 

"Okay, but I don't understand why you are here right now... Did you just come here to tell me Rose isn't okay?" 

"No, I'm telling you never to talk to her again, you broke her heart and she is really upset, I don't want you walking in and making her cry again when she is finally smiling for the first time in ages!"

"It hasn't been that long!" 

"For you maybe, you've been happy with your stupid friends and you bloody new girlfriend!"

"You were friends with Alec and Jacob at one point!"

"Yes, well I'm not really now am I? Just leaver her alone?" Albus glance round Scorpius to look at the Slytherin's behind him, then he gave Scorpius the evils before walking back to the Gryffindor table