Chapter 25

At the Malfoy Manor Draco and Astoria had come back home from their holiday to find that their only son wouldn't talk to anyone except Narcissa.

"Scorpius! Why don't you talk?" Draco exclaimed, handing Scorpius his sandwich "Merlin boy" he then walked out into the kitchen where Narcissa and Astoria were talking with a cup of tea in their hands "I can't believe he still isn't talking! It has been three days! And it's nearly Christmas! He's usually really excited" 

"I have told you, he lost someone extremely close to him, and he can't cope" Narcissa said for like the hundredth time, but not revealing Rose's name, in case Scorpius didn't want her to

"Can you not tell me this persons name?" Draco said, pouring himself a tea and standing alongside Astoria

"I have told you, I would if Scorpius said I could, but I don't know whether he wants me to or not, and I don't want to betray his trust, you know he still talks to me, at least he is talking to someone"

"Why don't you ask him whether you can?" Astoria said, leaning forward to grab a biscuit from the table

"I have tried, I really have, but whenever I ask him he always goes silent, turns away or changes the subject, so I don't think he wants to talk about them, not surprising really, seeing as she-" Narcissa stopped when she realised she had given a hint away

"Ah, so it's a girl, do we know her?" Draco asked, reaching for a biscuit himself

"I wouldn't be surprised if you did Draco, but I don't think you know her know her, you don't know her very well, but you know who she is, I am sure of that" 

"Does Scorpius talk about her a lot? Is it Petunia? Please say it isn't Petunia" Draco begged

"No, it isn't that Parkinson's girl, no, in fact, when Parkinson's girl came over Scorpius was yelling at her, I really don't think they are the greatest of friends at the moment" when Narcissa said this Draco sighed with relief, he hated that Pansy and Petunia came round most every week and he really wouldn't have been happy if it was Petunia Scorpius was upset about "and no, Scorpius doesn't talk about her a lot. Well, he does to me, but I know he doesn't to you" 

"Oh, okay then" 

"Yes, as I was saying before, it isn't surprising Scorpius doesn't want to talk about her, he will just end up crying again. She left without any notice, and in the middle of the night, she left me and Scorp a note each before she left, we didn't get it until the morning, but she told us not to go looking for her, and I knew that Scorpius would try to, so I had to make sure he didn't leave my sight, and then, when Scorpius read this he was so upset, he really loves her, and she just left, so I am not surprised he doesn't want to talk about her" Narcissa explained. "Let's go in, we shouldn't leave him on his own, he will get too lonely with her not around, he said that just before you arrived.

Narcissa, Draco and Astoria walked into the dining room that Scorpius was previously in to find him missing. There was a piece of parchment on the table he was sitting at

"Gone"