Chapter 8

On Wednesday night Rose slipped out of her common room to find Scorpius waiting for her as before. The two walked down to the first floor of the castle in silence. They walked for hours on end without talking. Rose was still thinking about what she and Albus were talking about the day before, luckily Scorpius never asked why she was crying. That was until now.

"Are you okay Rose? You seem kinda.. Out of it?" Scorpius asked

"Oh, yeah, I'm.. uh.. Fine, yeah, I'm fine..." Rose said, not looking him in the eye, she hadn't looked him in the eye since she realised what she felt for him, she didn't want to do anything stupid.

"You sure?" Scorpius asked as they turned the corner

"Why wouldn't I be?" Rose questioned

"well, I don't know, but on Monday, whenever you spoke to me, you looked me in the eye, but you haven't since I saw you on the field" Scorpius explained

"Oh, um.. I'm sorry but um... Does that really matter? You are acting all concerned towards me just because I'm not looking you in the eye? Is that it?" 

"Well, no actually, before you came over to us yesterday, I saw you crying, but you wasn't crying when you came over to us and I was going to ask you why you were crying but when you and Parkinson had and argument it took my mind off it and I never asked you so... Why were you crying?" Scorpius asked. Rose looked him in the eye and sighed. 

'I can't tell him why I was crying' she thought to herself 'I can't tell him what I really feel for him, he might tell everyone and then dad will find out and he will kill me! No, I wont tell him'

"Uh... That doesn't matter..."Rose trailed off

"Please tell me Ro.. I could help you!" Scopius exclaimed

"No Scorpius, I am not telling you, you can't help me" Rose replied

"But I want to help you" 

"Well I don't want you to help me okay? Why are you so concerned with me? We are supposed to hate each other! Our parents are enemies!" Rose shouted

"Maybe I don't want to hate you Rose! I want to.. to... I want to help you... Did you not hear me on the field? I don't care what others think of you! I don't care whether others- my parents hate me for it! But I want to help you Rose!" Scorpius shouted back

"BUT I DON'T WANT YOU TO HELP ME!" Rose yelled at him "I WILL NOT TELL YOU WHY I WAS CRYING YESTERDAY AND I WILL NOT LET YOU HELP ME WITH IT! I CAN DEAL WITH IT MYSELF AND ALBUS IS GOING TO HELP ME IF I NEED IT! MY BROTHER WILL HELP ME AND SO WILL LILY OR JAMES IF I WANT THEM TO! THIS CANNOT INVOLVE YOU!"

"Rose?" Scorpius said upset "I thought you.. you weren't like this... I didn't want to hate you because I thought you were all kind and loving, the sort of person I want in my life, that's the reason I was nice to you, not because I didn't want to be like my dad.. I don't want to be like my dad was then, but that's not why I stopped being mean to you... I didn't ever want to be mean to you Rose"

"I don't care what you want or what you wanted" Rose snapped

"What happened to that nice girl from yesterday? The girl who stood up for herself against someone who had bullied her in the past? Yes, I know about that. Where did she go? That girl that was being nice to my mates and had a laugh, most people in your group wouldn't do that.. That's why I was nice to you Rose"

"I'm not talking to you Scorpius"

"Rose..." 

"It's two now, I'm going" Rose said and she turned around sharply to leave

"But Petunia and Toby aren't here yet" Scorpius said

"I don't care Scorpius. Our time here is up so I'm going" Rose spat "If you care about that then you can wait here until you see them and when they get here then maybe you can fuss over Petunia instead"

"You know I don't like her" Scorpius replied, but Rose didn't reply as she walked into the darkness "I'll see you Friday" he muttered into the shadows