Chapter 21

A couple of hours later Rose and Scorpius went up to bed. As they reached their bedrooms they kissed goodnight and went into their seperate rooms. Rose changed out of her green dress and put on jeans and a long sleeved top. She grabbed a small handbag and put vitals in it and walked out of the house, checking nobody was following her. She ran to the nearby village and into the phone box. Once again she took out a pound coin and pushed it into the machine and dialed the number on the card.

"Rose?" Dudley whispered down the phone

"Yes, Dudley" Rose whispered

"Right, what did you want to talk to me about?"

"Do you remember what I told you about, my Dad slapping me outside Kings-Cross station the other day?...Yes, well, I am scared...My dad can get pretty fierce and I get really scared of him, but that's not it"

"What is the matter?" 

"I am scared for Scorpius and Narcissa. Narcissa has been so kind to me and she doesn't even know me very well! And Scorpius is my boyfriend, he was so sweet to me a while ago, he had dinner with me while the sun was setting, that's why I am late"

"Oh, okay, I was starting to worry" 

"Sorry, look, I am scared that Dad is going to track me down and hurt Narcissa and Scorp, or even Astoria and Draco if they are home before Dad gets here. Basically, I don't know what do to and I don't what to hurt them" There was a break as Dudley spoke "Oh Dudley! Thank you so much! I will go get them now! You have no idea how thankful I am of that! Yes, Mitham." Another break "No, it would be best if you came here, I'll go get my stuff now and meet you here in about half an hour? Yes? Good! Thank you so much"

Rose put the phone down picked her handbag up and ran all the way back to Malfoy Manor. She ran straight to her room and pulled out her trunk form underneath her bed and yanked all the clothes out of the wardrobe and stuffed them into her trunk over the books, parchment, quills and ink she had for school. She fed her owl and shut the door on the cage and locked it. She pulled the curtains closed on her bed and hid anything to show she was ever there. She ripped on piece of parchment in half and scribbled a note on each. She lugged her trunk out of the room and silently closed the door. She took the two notes and pushed one under Scorpius' door and one under Narcissa's door. She then disappeared out of the house and it looked like she was never there, apart from the bunch of roses she left lying on the table.

"Dudley?" Rose whispered as a black car pulled over next to where she was standing. The man in the front of the car turned one of the windows down and Rose found that it was indeed Dudley.

"Get in, are you okay with the suitcase?" Dudley said, pointing to the trunk by Rose's side

"Yeah I'm okay, if I just.." Rose pushed the trunk over the the boot and it opened just as Rose picked it up to put it in. She then slammed it shut and came round the side to get in. "You will never understand how thankful I am for this, I would just never forgive myself if Dad found me at the Manor and hurt Narcissa or Scorpius. I don't think I would even forgive myself if he hurt Draco or Astoria, even though I have never met them"

"It's okay Rose" Dudley said as he drove into the darkness