Chapter 40

(Omg, 40 chapters) 

The next day was much like all the days had been since they were back from Christmas holidays. Nothing exciting happened. Rose sat at a table in the common room looking out the window trying to think what to write for her Defence Against The Dark Arts essay on Vampire Bats.

"You're not patrolling tonight are you Rosie?" Albus asked, pulling a chair out and sitting next to Rose

"No, I patrol every other night" Rose said, putting her quill down so it didn't drip over her parchment

"I thought so, look, I made James let me borrow the invisibility cloak I-" Albus started, but Rose interrupted

"Uncle Harry gave James his invisibility cloak?"

"No, James stole it out of Dad's cupboard" Albus sighed "like he did the map"

"Oh, carry on"

"So I have got the invisibility cloak, why don't we sneak down to the room you were in, I really want to see Erised"

"Al! There's not going to be enough room for the two of us under the cloak!" Rose exclaimed, "We will keep tripping up, we won't be under the cloak for long, we'll get seen!"

"Don't worry, you can do an invisibility charm on both of us AND we can go under the cloak, we won't be spotted"

"Al! I can't do that!"

"Yes you can Rosie! Please! You know I have always wanted to see what I would see in the mirror!"

"Alright" Rose sighed "Come back down here at midnight, get some sleep now" 

"Okay"

At midnight that night Rose and Albus snuck out of their dorms to go down to the room with the Mirror of Erised in it. 

"You got the cloak?" Rose whispered, going over the spell in her head every second she could

"Yeah, put the spell on me" Albus said, putting the cloak down and standing up straight

"I'm not going to cast it on one hand so I still know where you are" Rose said, she quickly cast the spell perfectly so the only thing Rose could see was Albus' hand. She then did the exactly the same thing to herself. "The spell will wear off in five minutes, it will probably take us that long to get down to the mirror anyway"

"Okay, I'll put the cloak on us now, come closer" Albus said, he threw the cloak over their shoulders making sure that their hands were definitely covered and he started shuffling towards the portrait door. 

Five minutes later the spell had worn off but they were safely in the room they wanted to be in. Rose pulled her want out of her pocket "Lumos" she whispered and her wand lit up with a small light, enough to light up the room.

"There it is" she whispered, pointing to the large object on her left side

"Woah!" Albus gasped in amazement. He moved from Rose's side dropping the cloak and standing in front of the mirror "Wow!"

"What do you see?" Rose asked, almost laughing at Albus' reaction

"I see all the family together, happy, I have the quidditch cup at my feet, and I there are loads of little kids, I think they are our children, and the rest of our family's children!" Albus exclaimed, leaning forward and touching the mirror and smiling "But I can't see any husbands or wives, so I have no idea who I want to be with, or who I want anyone to be with"

"Aw, that's still sweet" Rose whispered, "Come on, we need to go now" Rose held up her wand and cast the invisibility charm on both of them again before hiding under the invisivility cloak to go back up to the common room