Chapter 11

Four days passed and soon it was time for the upper year's Christmas Ball. Rose sat on her bed in a Red satin dress that stopped just above her knees. She waited for Ashlee Lovette, Albus' date, to come out of the bathroom and they could go down to meet their dates. Rose pulled her hair back into the style much like her mother's was for the Yule ball and tied it up with a rose coloured hair pin. Ashlee walked in from the bathroom in a blue satin dress that hung by her ankles, she let her blonde hair hang loosely below her shoulders and it fell onto the back of her blue dress. The two girls walked out of the dorms to find Albus waiting in the common room for them. He wore a black suit with a blue bow tie that matched his dates dress. He took Ashlee's hand and led her out of the common room. Rose walked behind them. When she stepped out of the common room she saw Scorpius waiting for her as he usually did before patrols. He wore a black suit with a red tie that matched Rose's dress. 

"Wow," Scorpius said, stunned by Rose's beauty "You look...Amazing" 

"Thank you" Rose giggled "so do you"

Scorpius took Rose by the arm and led her down to the great hall for the ball. The great hall was decorated with ice and crystal sculptures and one gigantic Christmas tree right at the end. There were various tables clothed in white silk surrounding the big dance floor which was already getting crowded of people dancing. The candles on the never ending ceiling were decorated with large icicles hanging off the bottom and everything looked wonderful. The four sat on a table close to the dance floor and starting chatting.

"This is amazing!" Rose stated in awe of everything around her.

"I know Rose!" Ashlee replied "It's just perfect!" 

Just then Jacob walked over to the table with a girl Rose didn't know by his side

"Hello Scorp, Ro, Al and..?" Jacob said, trailing off when he got to Ashlee as he didn't know her

"Ashlee, Ashlee Lovette, nice to meet you, you are?" Ashlee announced, shaking Jacobs hand

"Jacob, Jacob Nott. And everyone, this is my date" Jacob replied motioning to his date

"I'm Pippa, Pippa Vaisey, but you can call me Pip" the girl said "Everyone calls me Pip, except Father, he insists on calling me Pippa"

"Nice to meet you Pip, I'm Rose Weasley, you can call me Ro. I like your dress" Rose answered. Pippa wore a green cotton dress that was the same colour as the green on the Slytherin badge. The dress was tight up to mid-thigh and then flared out at the bottom and it showed off Pippa's figure. The dress really suited her. Pippa had wavy golden hair that fell above her stomach. She was very pretty.

"Thank you Ro, yours is nice too. I love the way it flares out at the bottom, like a tutu" Pippa laughed "It suits you though"

"Ah, thank you Pip, yours really suits you too" Rose laughed

"Ashlee, would you like to dance?" Albus said getting up and offering Ashlee his hand

"I would love to Albus" Ashlee took his hand and the walked over to the dance floor

"Scorp, is Alec coming?" Rose asked

"Nah, he couldn't find a date" Scorpius replied

"That's a shame, he would have had fun here" Rose laughed. Then Scorpius got up.

"I'll get us a drink" he said as he walked off

"Ro..." Jacob whispered

"Yes Jacob?" Rose replied

"You like Scorp don't you?" Jacob whispered back

"N..No... No I don't" Rose said, trying to hide it

"Yes you do" Jacob laughed "I can see it in your eyes when you talk to him, and your not a very good liar"

"What's funny Jacob?" Pippa asked, she hadn't heard what Jacob had said, which relieved Rose

"Nothing" Rose said sharply, then she whispered to Jacob "please don't say anything, especially not to Scorpius"

"I promise I won't Ro" Jacob laghed again "And Pip, don't worry about why I laughed, it's an uhh... inside joke between me and Ro, you won't get it"

Rose nodded a thank you at Jacob and then Scorpius walked back over to Rose with two drinks

"Here you go" he said as he gave one drink to Rose and had some of his own. Then he put his cup down and held his hand out to Rose, "I like this song, would you like to dance Rose?" 

"Yes, I would" Rose said as she took his hand and walked over to the dance floor. The song was slow and all the couples dancing hand in hand and close to each other. Scorpius pulled Rose to him and held her waist. They swayed silently for a minute in time to the song before either one said anything.

"You look really great tonight" Scorpius whispered into Rose's ear which made her shiver.

"Thank you Scorp, even though you have already told me that tonight" Rose replied whilst she swayed to the music with him

"Did I? Well, I really mean it, you look gorgeous" Scorpius said which made Rose blush. She rested her head on his chest as they moved to the music. They didn't say another word until the song stopped. When it did, Rose looked up at Scorpius and he let go of one of her hands and pulled her to the side of the dance floor, by one of the doors that led onto the fields.

"Walk with me?" he questioned. Rose nodded and let him pull her out into the cold night. He put his arm round her to keep her warm as the snow was falling and she didn't even have a cardigan on. 

"Rose... I..." Scorpius said as he stopped and looked at her.

"Yes?" she asked

"There is something I have always wanted to tell you, but I have never been able to.." he sighed

"Yes?" she asked again

"I..I..I think I love you Rose Weasley"