Chapter 39

At quarter past 2 Rose walked into the common room to see Albus, Caia and Aofie waiting for her. Rose was still thinking about what had happened by the mirror of Erised, she had been lying about what she had seen in the mirror, she saw exactly the same thing as Scorpius, but with the Dursley's, as she had became very good friends with them, and the rest of Rose's family. 

"How'd it go?" Albus asked, standing up and walking over to the portrait door where Rose was standing

"Okay I guess" Rose sighed "We didn't really talk much, only when.. when we told the boys off for being out late" 

"Oh, Rosie, I'll talk to you when the girls have gone" Albus whispered so only Rose could hear, Rose nodded and turned to Aofie and Caia, who were now both standing up

"Are you alright?" Caia asked, stepping forward to hug Rose

"I suppose so, nothing really happened, we didn't see Parkinson, which helped" Rose sighed 

"That's good" Aofie said, hugging Rose too. "I'm going to bed now, I'm tired, I have no idea how you can stay up this late every other night! You coming?"

"I'll be down in a minute Fi, Cai, you go down, I'll meet you there in a bit" Rose said and Caia and Aofie went down to the girl's dormitory, leaving Albus and Rose alone in the common room. They sat down on the sofa in the middle of the room.

"What happened then?" Albus asked

"At first, we were okay, it was all fine, we talked the way we always have been recently, Scorpius saying he's sorry, me saying he's not, he saying he loves me, me saying he doesn't" Rose sighed, remembering was painful "Then we didn't talk for about an hour. Then there was a noise in one of the rooms next to us, we went in to find two boys in there, so we punished them and they left, but...but the.. The mirror of Erised was in there...."

"The mirror of Erised!?!" Albus gasped "What did you see Rose?"

"I.. I saw me, and Scorpius, with three children, happily married with everybody else I love around me happy, and Draco and Narcissa were there too, both smiling"

"That's what you really want"

"I know that... But Scorpius... Scorpius said he saw the exact same thing"

"You told him what you saw?"

"No, he asked me what I saw but I said it's personal... Then he told me, in great detail, what he saw, which is exactly the same thing I saw, then he asked me again what I saw, and I said everybody I loved surrounding me happy, he asked me if he was on there but I ignored him and walked out of the room"

"No tears?"

"Nope, nothing to cry about really"

"You don't think he was lying?" 

"I couldn't tell..."

"Okay, well don't get too happy, he might be lying" 

"I wasn't trying to, but you know I still love him, and the thought of him maybe actually still love me is a really big thing, even though I can't help that"

"I know Rosie"

"I want to get over him but I can't"

"I know, I'm going to bed now, goodnight"

"Goodnight"