Chapter 27

3 days later Rose was finally back home, her real home. She sat on the sofa with a bandage round her head. Hugo was sitting on the two seater sofa watching the TV and snacking on some of Rose's left over Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans.

"Rose, Albus is here!" Hermione called from the hallway. Rose got up and walked over to the door and leaned on the door frame

"Hello Al!" She said watching Albus take his shoes off

"I need to talk to you, were's Uncle Ron?" Albus said as Hermione walked up the stairs

"Work, it's his last day before Christmas" Rose said,itching a space below the bandage on her head "Merlin, this bloody thing is so itchy!" Albus grabbed Rose by the hand and pulled her up the stairs, he then walked into her bedroom and closed the door as she walked in

"Have you heard from Scorpius since you got out of the hospital?" Albus said, sitting down on her king sized bed

"No, why?" Rose asked, sitting next to him "Have you?"

"Yeah, he owled me to ask me to talk to you, he said you haven't been replying to his letters, he sent you three today" Albus asked, glancing over to Rose's desk which was, as usual, covered with books and parchment

"I haven't had any letters from Scorpius to reply to" Rose asked, itching her head once more

"I had a feeling this would happen..." Albus said, he stood up sharply and pulled Rose up to "Come on"

"Where are we going?" Rose asked 

"Your parents room"

"Why?"

"We are going to copy out the letters your father has from Scorpius" Albus pushed Rose into her parents room and he closed the door. He rummaged through all the drawers until he found where Ron had hidden Scorpius' letters

"How did you know Dad had these?" 

"I don't know, I just had a feeling he would, seeing as you didn't get any of the letters that Scorpius sent you, and he sent you loads! Come on, we need to copy these out quickly before Uncle Ron gets home"

"Why cant we just take them?" 

"He'll notice, come on! quickly!" Rose and Albus both scribbled down notes on the pieces of parchment Albus had pulled out of his pocked. Suddenly there was a very faint 'pop' noise from downstairs

"Oh no! Dad's home! Are we done?" Rose said, finishing the last sentence on the letter she was holding

"I am, give them back now, I need to put them back and we need to get out of here! Wait, you go done, stall him while I make sure your dad can't notice they are gone!" Albus whispered, as he heard footsteps coming up the stairs "Go!" 

Rose ran out the room and halfway down the stairs to meet Ron

"Hello Dad!" She said

"Rose? Your talking to me?" 

"Of course! Your my Dad!" 

"I thought you weren't, well, never mind, how have you been?" 

"My head's a bit itchy from this stupid bandage but I can take it off tomorrow, and my elbow and shoulder hurts a bit where it is grazed from the door but I'm getting better" Rose said, she looked up, for the first time since she came out of the hospital, into her fathers eyes. His eyes were filled with sorrow and gilt for the fact that he was the reason Rose was like this

"Merlin Rose, you don't know how sorry I am for this, for all of this, I just remember how your mother was treated by Scorpius' father and his friends and I didn't want that to happen to you and then I saw you with him and I.. I don't know what happened but memories of Draco and your Mother fighting just came back, you are so much like her Rosie, I am so sorry!" Ron hugged his daughter carefully, trying not to hurt her "It is all my fault that you were in St Mungos, Narcissa was right about everything when she was talking to me when we all got rushed out the room the day you woke, it's all my fault Rosie, I am so so sorry!" 

"Dad! Dad! It's okay, I forgive you, as long as you are okay with me and Scorpius?" Rose asked

"Yes, if he makes you happy, you are old enough to decide by yourself, I am sorry" Ron nodded, rubbing his arms

"What actually did Narcissa say to you in the hospital?" Rose asked

"Let's go downstairs" Ron said, turning around so they weren't standing on the steps and blocking the way much longer. Just then Albus turned up and followed them down, pretending nothing happened. Rose and Ron sat on the three seater sofa and Albus went out into the kitchen to say goodbye to Hermione and Hugo.

"So, what did Narcissa say?"

"Well, I cant remember exactly what she said but I know what she meant, and some of what she said"

"Which was?"

"well, I remember her saying 'I can see exactly why your daughter ran away from you' and she told me that the reason you were at the muggle's -"

"His name is Dudley, and he is technically family, he IS Uncle Harry's family after all" Rose corrected

"Sorry, Narcissa told me that the only reason you were at Dudley's house is because you ran away from the Malfoy Manor to protect Narcissa and Scorpius from me, then she said 'you don't deserve the people in the life that you have got' and she said about how lovely everyone I love is. She said 'you take advantage of everything you have'. She said that you can make your own decisions but I don't let you if I don't like it, and I know she's right. Then she said 'Rose means everything to Scorpius, he would do anything for her' and I now feel so guilty about what I did Rose, I now know Scorpius isn't like his father was, I don't even think Draco is the same any more! I know you love Scorpius, and you mean the world to him, you love each other, I guess I felt, I don't know, I just remembered loving your mother when we were your age but I couldn't bring myself to tell her, so I never got to be with her, as in in a relationship other than friends, until we went camping, you know looking for the horcruxes. I know what I am capable of now, and I am so sorry I ever did anything to hurt you, I know I did but I am so sorry! I didn't know what I was doing I could just feel the anger building up inside me, it's Draco's fault that I had that anger, if Draco wasn't horrible to your Mother I don't think I would be angry"

"But then everything would be different wouldn't it?" Rose cut in "It's okay, I just wanted to know what Narcissa said, she told me she had said something to you but she wouldn't tell me what, and I didn't get to talk to anyone else who was there when it happened who would talk to me. It's fine Dad. As long as you are okay that me and Scorpius are dating"

"I guess so"

Just then Albus walked in

"I am sorry to disrupt you" Albus said, looking at the floor in guilt "But I'm going now Rose, Uncle Ron, I'll see you, whenever, probably tomorrow knowing us..." 

"Okay, bye Al" Ron nodded

"Al, I need to ask you something quick" Rose followed Albus out into the hallway and closed the door to the living room. "Did you put all the letters back as they were?"

"I think so, I hope so" Albus muttered, pulling on his shoes "I put them back as close I could, I put the copies in your room in the envelope under your bed, where we always hid our parchment, ya know, so your dad wont find the copies, see you tomorrow, probably, make sure you go through them all, and reply to Scorpius quick, I fed Toottles, she was hungry"

"Thanks Al, yeah, see you tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised!" Rose laughed as she opened the door for Albus to go "Who's picking you up?" 

"No-one, I brung my broom" Albus picked up a broom from a pile of them by the door "Bye Rosie"

"Be careful! Don't let anyone see you!"

"This is a wizard village Rosie, I live two streets away, no Muggles will see me, goodbye!"

"We only moved here in the Summer holidays, you can't blame me for keeping forgetting, but bye Al!"

Albus walked out the door, mounted his broom and sped off. Rose closed the door and walked back into the living room. She looked at Ron who was still sitting on the sofa exactly where he was when Rose got up

"I'm going for a fly, would you like to come with me?" Ron asked, standing up

"Sure" Rose said, turning straight back around