Chapter 29

The next day was Christmas Day. Hermione, Ron, Rose and Hugo arrived at the Burrow at seven o'clock that morning, a long time after everyone else seeing as most of them had spent Christmas Eve there too. Victoire and Teddy sat cuddled up in the corner of the tattered red sofa. All the Weasleys and Potters wore their knitted jumpers from the previous year that were ready to be replaced. When the three of them arrived everybody fell silent and Victoire went red, there was something she hadn't told them, and only them.

"Toire" Molly II whispered pulling her hand "You need to-"

"I know Moll" Victoire whispered. She stood up and Teddy stood up after her. Victoire tried to hide her hands behind her back but Rose had already noticed what she was trying to hide. She grinned and looked over to Lilly who was also grinning. This was what they had been waiting for for ages. 

"Toire!" Rose exclaimed. She flung her arms around our cousin "I knew you would!" 

Victoire went even more red and looked over at Teddy. His usual blue hair had change to red as he tried to hide his embarrassment from his face.

"Teddy!" Rose grinned. She stepped over and hugged Teddy too still grinning wildly. Hermione finally worked out what Rose was happy about and grinned also

"Oh Toire!" Hermione laughed "Congratulations!" 

"Thank you Aunt Mione" Victoire grinned. Teddy slipped his arm round Victoire waist and she was forced to move her hands in front of her, Ron spotted the engagement ring on her finger and smiled

"Congratulations Victoire" he said. Lily ran up and stood next to Rose

"I told you they would didn't I Rose?" Lily grinned staring at the crystal on Victoire finger "The ring's beautiful isn't it?"

"It's wonderful Toire! Congratulations" Rose smiled

"She said we can be bridesmaids! Like we wanted!" Lily smiled hugging Rose with excitement "I'm excited and they don't even know when it's going to be yet!"

"Calm down Lil!" Albus said, appearing from the crowd

"Al!" Rose said, hugging her cousin

"You got here okay then! I've been waiting ages for you!" Albus grinned "I thought you were coming last night!"

Everybody in the room looked at each other through the awkward silence and suddenly, almost if an unspoken agreement had occurred, everybody started talking again, the room was filled with noise from all the family

"Well, we were going to, but I begged Mum and Dad to see Scorp and we ended up going to the Malfoy Manor for the evening" 

Albus and Rose slipped out of the living room to find somewhere quieter. They ended up sitting in the garden on the old swing Arthur Weasley had made for Victoire when she was younger.

"You went to the Manor? With your parents?!?" Albus exclaimed, surprised

"I know! It was really awkward at first because neither of my parents or Scorp's parents were talking! They were just giving each other the evils!" she laughed "but we got them to talk eventually" Rose smiled and looked down at the emerald ring on her finger

"That's new" Albus said, looking at the ring Rose had looked down to "Where'd you get it"

"Scorpius gave it to me, it was my Christmas present from him" she grinned

"It's really nice" 

"Yeah, it's really special too, Scorp said it got passed down the family from Caelum, he was the first Malfoy, ever"

"Wow"

Rose nodded and looked up to the house. She could hear all the laughter and happiness from inside the burrow and could see through the windows all her cousins with their boyfriends or girlfriends. She looked down at the ring once more, but didn't smile, thinking about what it would be like if Scorpius could come

"Didn't you invite Ashlee?" Rose asked

"I did, well, I was going to, but then I thought that you wouldn't be inviting Scorpius, because you know how the family would react, so I thought it wouldn't be very fair if my girlfriend came and my best friend didn't get to talk to me as much as usual because her boyfriend wasn't there" 

"Thank you Al" Rose smiled weakly, hugging him

"Let'go back in, they might be wondering where we are"

"I doubt it, there is too many people in their to see that anyone is missing" she joked

They walked back inside and Molly saw them, she grinned and then raised her voice above the crowd

"PRESENT TIME! TAKE YOUR PLACES!" She yelled. She handed each person a empty never ending back and one that had gifts inside, like normal. Rose sat next to Albus and Elizabella, James' girlfriend

"Hello, you must be Rose, my names Elizabella, but you can call me El" Elizabella said. Elizabella had straight black hair that went half way down her back. She has bright blue eyes and was really pretty

"Yes, that's me, but you can call me Ro" Rose laughed. Molly handed Elizabella, Rose and Albus their bags of presents. 

Rose ripped open the package she only knew too well to be a jumper. It was red and had a big R in yellow knitted into the front, just as usual. Then she pulled out the second present. It felt the same as the jumper she had just put on in replacement for last years jumper one size smaller. Rose frowned in a confused way and checked the label 'I know I shouldn't do this' the label read 'but I thought I would. It's Rose's decision so I might as well make one for you if she wishes to be with you. Who knows, maybe I'll be making a lot more of these for you in the future Scorpius' Rose smiled, reading her grandmother's handwriting 'Merry Christmas, and a happy new year, Molly Weasley' Rose laughed to herself and put the present into the back that is supposed to be for opened presents.

"Aren't you opening that?" Albus frowned, sitting in his new, blue jumper and pulling another package out of his bag

"It's not for me" Rose smiled. Albus knew what she meant straight away. He smiled and turned to the present in his hand and opened it.

By the time everybody had finished opening their presents it was lunch time. Seeing as the only people who didn't have a boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife were Lily, Hugo, Albus and Rose, there wasn't enough room in the house to eat, they were eating outside. Molly had put up the tent and put an enchantment on it so it wouldn't get cold from the snow.