Chapter 5

The sunlight enters the room from the half opened window and directly on my face.

"Nmm..." I cover my face with a pillow.

*knock* *knock*

"Nmm.." I roll on my bed and *dang* "Ouch" I lazily pull myself up and sit on the floor and rub my eyes, with only one eye open I assess the unfamiliar room.

Hmm, this isn't my room, where am I? Now my both eyes open, they wonder around the room.

Suddenly, the whole wedding events flash on my mind.

Ugh! so it wasn't just a nightmare huh! I'm actually married? Mrs. Teresa Carlton! I sigh.

*knock* *knock*

I get up from the floor and look at the empty king sized bed, then the couch, the bathroom, huh? He's nowhere!

I look at the black clock, hanging on the grey wall, it's already 11 am. "Ah! his meeting!" I nod remembering last night.

*knock* knock*

"Just a minute!" I shout out to the person on my door.

I cover the bed and pull on a curtain hiding my bed, whoever it is on the door, they're not supposed to see this! I hurriedly comb my hair with my fingers, and walk to the door.

When I opened the door, my mother in law stood in front of me with a bright smile on her face.

"Good morning, mom." I greet her with a smile. "Good morning, dear." She wishes cheerfully.

"Well, well, look who's here." She says with a big smile.

Raising my brows I look behind her to find none other than my dear best friend Rina!

"O my god! What a pleasant surprise!" I hug her excitedly.

"Sorry for intruding your sweet time with your husband." She teases me with a wide grin on her face.

"Oh don't worry about that bestie, he's gone for a meeting." I pinch her, my eyes shooting glares at her.

"and I told him to take a leave from his work! I can't believe this workaholic son of mine! How can he leave so early in the morning?" Mom rants with a huff.

"That's okay, mom." I smile at her thinking it's good that I didn't have to face him early morning.

"Have a talk and I'll send you your breakfast here." Mom waves at us and turns to go downstairs.

"Thank you, mom." I hug her from behind.

I let Rina enter and close the door.

"A cool mother-in-law, I must say." Rina says patting my back.

"I know right! She's such a sweetheart." I say proudly, grinning ear to ear.

I look back at my best friend who now has this weird mischievous smile on her face.

"What?"

"So, how was your 1st night?" she teases me poking my arm.

"Please Rina." I roll my eyes. She very well knows about our contract marriage but still decides to pull my leg.

"Okay okay! Don't get angry, but tell me, I'm your best friend." She teases me again.

"Rina!" I glare at her.

"Okay fine. But..."

"Stop it Rina. I'm not in the mood to joke." I shout from the bathroom, with a toothbrush in my hand... She was sitting on "my" bed.