Chapter 53

WHAT THE HELL??" I stood up and shouted, to which Mr. lawyer looked at me startled.

"My husband told you to deliver this to me personally?" I asked him almost yelling.

"Yes, ma'am." He nodded.

"Ryouma Carlton did?"

"Yes Ma'am."

"When?"

"Before he went on his business trip, two days ago. The one year of your marriage ended two days ago so did the contract and I came here immediately after the papers were approved from the court. Now you're officially free from the marriage." He smiled at me.

"Okay whatever." I paused. "I mean thank you, you may leave now." I faked a smile.

"How could he do this to me? I thought we had this talk about the contract marriage but...." I paced around the room.

"He's not getting rid of me so easily with a single piece of paper, he certainly isn't. He needs to answer me. If that means I have to face that monster so be it. If he thinks running away does him any good, he's highly mistaken." I put my hand on the table as I scowled. But how do I contact him? I clicked my tongue in frustration.

"Rihito! Give me Ryouma's number right now!" I called Rihito and literally threatened him.

"Hey Teresa relax! Is everything okay?"

"Just. give. me. his. number!" I gritted my teeth trying not to pour my anger on him.

"But he's out of country right?"

"Wow! Everyone knows except me. Will you give me his number or not?" I rolled my eyes and huffed.

"I actually don't know but I'll get it for you. Calm down please and tell me what's wrong?" He asked with concern.

"Nothing really, thank you."

After an hour Rihito texted me my husband I mean my ex-husband's number and I called him immediately.

It rings but no one answers.

"God! Why isn't he picking up?" You think you can ignore me like this? NO! I shout at the phone and call again. But again no one's answering so I called Rihito for help.

"Rihito can you call him and tell him I need to talk to him? It's really important and I can't get through him. He's not picking up."

"He isn't picking my call either, did you guys talk after that day? You know... the day..."

"No, we didn't." I reply curtly.

"Ah I see, I think we should leave him alone for now. He needs space and I think we should give him that space." Rihito sighs.

"You think he's okay? I mean, he isn't even taking your calls." I ask him a little worried about my ex-husband.

"Of course he's okay my dear sister. Don't worry. I think he wanted a break to clear his mind, lots of things happened; maybe that's why he went away. He'll come around when he's got his head clear hmm? Don't worry."

How can I not worry? How do I tell I can't afford to give that space right now? Its killing me from inside, I can't wait! I need to know what's going on in his mind!

"Yeah, thanks. Talk to you later." I had lots in my mind but I chose to say this.

**********************

I came to my dad's house, of course after seeing these papers I can't possibly stay in that room where I'll have nothing but nightmares, imagining things. Mom was upset though, what scares me the most is how'll mom react to this? How'll my dad react to this? I haven't told him yet, I hate to lie to them but I just couldn't bring myself to tell the truth! I shouldn't have agreed to this contract marriage in the first place. But you did! Taunts my subconscious. I know! But everything was going just good and then that jerk had to do this! And I'm really pissed off right now because that jerk left me alone to face all this! Tears sprung out of my eyes. "No Teresa, don't cry!" I pat my face but I'm surprised I could hold back my tears the whole day. My eyes finally gave up and I cried... hard!