Chapter 59

"You're going somewhere?" I ask my dad as i see him packing his bags.

"Yeah, I have to go out of the city for few days." He sighs.

"O!" I mouth. "You're leaving today?" I ask him with a sad face.

"Yes, I know, even I don't want to leave you alone so don't worry, Rina is coming tomorrow." He pats my head lovingly.

"Oh Dad, I'm a big girl now." I smile. "but it's great Rina is coming. Hehe." I grin.

"And don't forget your dinner with Mr. Drew tonight. Drive safely." He plants a kiss on my forehead.

"Yeah, dad." I nod. "have a safe trip." I hug him.

After dad leaves for the airport. I have whole house to myself, it's a bit lonely. I used to live alone before too but after marriage, mom spoiled me a lot so I'm feeling very lonely right now. Thank god, Rina is coming! Oh I've also got to on a dinner with Mr. Rival but I've still got some time before that. I lie on the bed, suddenly my phone makes a 'ping' noise and I'm startled. "It's just a phone." I mutter and lie back. "Am I scared?" I gulp. "No! I'm not. Come on Teresa when did you become such a sacredly cat?" I shake my head. My phone rings. I look at the phone and smile, "Great timing!" I answer the call, "Yes!"

"I missed you too." My ex-husband replies sulkily.

"But I didn't miss you at all." I reply trying to suppress my laugh.

"You know you're bad at lying, stop trying." He retorts.

"Whatever, why you called?"

"Just to hear your voice." I hear his smile.

"Nice, now done? I'm hanging up." I roll my eyes.

"Wait, also to remind you of our date tomorrow, don't stand me up. I want to show you something you'll really love." He adds.

"Okay, anything else?"

"You really want me to hang up? Do you really hate me that much?"

"Umm, I just need to sleep, that's all..." I can't actually tell him I'm going for a dinner with Mr. Rival, he'll freak out especially when he warned me to stay away from Mr. Drew.

"You could've come with a better excuse. Sleeping this early?" He asks suspiciously.

"I'm very sleepy..." I fake a yawn.

"Fine then, see you tomorrow." He clicks his tongue. "Hmm." I cut the call.

"So, what do I wear?" I don't have to dress up when I'm just going there to tell him off do I? So I pull out a simple dress from my closet.

I drive out to the restaurant we planned to meet. Hardee's, a five star restaurant at the outskirt of the town, I walk up to the reception, "Reservation under Mr. Marcus Drew." I smile at the receptionist. "You must be Miss Scarlet." She smiles back. She signs to the waiter who guides me to my table. "Mr. Drew will be here shortly." He helps me seat and walks away. After few minutes, Mr. Drew finally shows up. "Sorry for the late, Miss Scarlet, my meeting got extended." He takes a seat opposite mine. "It's me who planned this dinner despite of your meeting today." The sooner I talk to him, the better. Plus I didn't want dad to keep nagging me about this.

"You look beautiful, miss Scarlet." He smiles at me as the waiter pours the water on our glasses. "Thank you, you look quite good yourself, Mr. Drew." I smile back at him. After we place our order, I look at him and begin to talk, "I don't really know how to beat around the bush, I'm quite frank so I just want you to know that I don't really like people who don't talk to you directly and the way that you used my dad to have a dinner with me was quite annoying." He almost spills the water out of his mouth. "Quite frank you are." He mutters. I pass the tissue to him and smile showing my teeth. "I mean do I look scary that you had to ask my dad for this? I hate men without guts the most. You should have talked to me directly or do I seem to have fangs and horns that are only visible to your eyes."