■ My life now

"So, let me get this thing straight. Your millionaire lover boy has bought your company," Wade asked, emitting a really ridiculous high pitched laugh as if the whole thing was really funny and I was a joker.

I scowled before hitting him on the head as he let out a fake ouch.

He was not really tall- a bit short for an average guy, brunette, buff, brown eyes and two ear piercings, he told me it made him look cool because apparently people always considered him to be a jester and didn't find him intimidating at all. He reminded me of Alice a lot.

Well, he was cute to me, not hot. I had tried imagining him as hot but my mind always got stuck at Gregory Peck.

"Ex-lover boy though-," I corrected, sighing deeply and sitting on the couch with a tub of popcorn, "- how can he be my lover boy if I haven't spoken to him in the last five years? We didn't even date officially so I don't know if he can be my lover or not."

"Four years and ten months," He corrected, "But that's good, right? You can tell him everything you wanted to say all these years!" He said cheerfully, as if it was the most obvious thing.

"Yeah, right. He will be waiting for a girl he used to love to come and tell him the reason why she duped him five years ago because he has all the time in the world," I rolled my eyes.

"You really need to tone down on that attitude, babes. Boys in reality don't like girls with sass," He pointed.

"Well, its good I don't have a boyfriend then," I said, giving a sweet smile.

"Because you are still hung up on your lover boy. You are always comparing every guy with him. That's a turn off," He rolled his eyes.

"No, I am not," I reassured.

"Really? So, you didn't make a list of pros and cons when you went out on a blind date with that surfer dude? You compare every guy with him. You have been to quite a few number of blind dates these past years and have always managed to find some flaws in them, thus rejecting them. Stop bluffing to yourself. I am trying to help you out here. Don't be cynical," He scoffed.

"I did go out with Matt, remember? I even did the deed with him. We had connection. If he didn't transfer to Australia, we might have been still together."

"That doesn't mean getting over Jared. You were never into him anyway. I bet you would break up by now. I care about you so go patch up things with him now that you have finally got the chance," Wade sighed.

"And I appreciate that, but Jared is going to be my boss and I doubt I would want a relationship with him now suddenly," I explained.

"Lies and lies. Not really good for the stomach. Might make you gassy," He got up to have another beer.

He never got the point. It wasn't so simple.

"Listen Wade, I waited for five years. He didn't come or make an effort to reach out when I did. He always accused me of escaping but he did the same. I thought he would return after finishing his studies, but he didn't. Instead, he settled there. I called him and texted him for months even after he left. He didn't reply. So, it is clear he didn't want to speak to me or have any contact. So, I am also done with him now. Seriously," I said, feeling exasperated.

He didn't reply, whistling to a song merrily like he didn't care one bit in the world. I would've liked him at some point if it wasn't for his too easy going attitude.

It was good to be casual but there was a thin line between being casual and being careless and ignorant. Wade fell in the latter category which I didn't find appealing. I liked boys who were dutiful and a bit serious about life.