■ The party

The party could be described in one word.

Boring.

Jared was talking to that client of his while I had nothing to do except greet people and mope around. Plus, my dear boss had ordered me not to drink too much whilst here, given my previous drinking history. I admit I became a bit reckless, but hey, I didn't hurt people or pick up fights.

I was feeling utterly bored so I excused myself and went to the washroom. I entered a cubicle and started playing candy crush.

Ahh, pure bliss.

I was almost done with level 345 after ten minutes, when I heard a knock.

"Allison? You in there?" It was Jared. Fuck! He was in the ladies washroom?

I opened the door, "What are you doing in the ladies washroom?!" I whisper yelled. His expression looked comical as he grabbed my hand and tugged me out.

"What are you doing here? I was searching everywhere for you!" He said, not looking pleased.

"Really? You were worried? For me?" I raised my eyebrows.

Jared flushed. Yes, flushed.

"No. I mean, you are my PA and I need you to meet all clients. So, I thought of searching for you. Don't get lost so much," He said awkwardly. Lies and more lies.

"Okay," I was trying to stifle a laugh. He was such a pathetic liar. God have mercy on him.

"Come on," He rolled his eyes. "Stop playing on the phone. Remember, you are here for work related purposes."

"I am ordering a mojito for myself," I said, as we walked out.

"Don't drink too much," He warned.

"I won't. Its my second drink," I informed.

"You better not. Otherwise, the consequences won't be nice," He threatened.

"Really? What would you do?" I challenged.

"I would carry you over my shoulder and then take you to my home-"

"Okay! I got it. No need to say more," I reddened.

See? Instances of him flirting with me. I was very confused. I sure as hell didn't only hate him, not after everything.

He chuckled, "I was going to say I would give you a lecture but whatever suits you."

As if we are all blabbering buffoons sitting here. People wasted so much time on telling shitty lies.

I went to the bar and ordered a mojito. I took out my phone and started playing again.

"Hello there," A young guy slid in the tool next to me as soon as I sat down.

Oh, wonderful. Now he would offer to buy a drink for me.

"I haven't seen you in these parties before. Are you from Grey Enterprises?"

I gave a stiff nod. So far so good.

"I am representing Jeromes Ltd. May I have the pleasure of offering you another drink? It's on me," He smirked.

See? Told ya.

"No thanks. One is enough," I smiled politely.

Couldn't he see I was a bit busy? Didn't he know how important Candy Crush was?

"I am Drew Watson. And you are?" He asked.

"Jared Williamson Grey," Jared's voice floated and the next thing I knew his hand was on my shoulder. I breathed in relief. He was smiling sweetly at the guy. And then he looked at me, "Stop with the damn game, will you!"