■ Grumpy journey

"You ready?" Wade poked his head in as I closed my suitcase with a loud snap.

"Yup. Ready to go," I said, getting up and blowing the hair out of my face as he came in, "Phew, packing is not my forté at all."

"When is your Romeo coming?" He asked, lying on my bed and playing with a ball, hitting it on the wall again as it came bouncing back in his hand.

"He is not my Romeo. He should be here in five minutes," I rolled my eyes.

"You know, I don't understand a thing. You like him, he likes you. Why do you keep on denying? Doesn't it get boring after some time?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

I sighed but gave a smile, "Its a reflex action. I had been denying it so long, that it comes out of my mouth even before I can think. Plus, we are not official yet. If we ever are, you will get to know it, I promise," I said.

"Not if. When," He corrected.

"There is still a risk involved if I am with him, Wade. Personal feelings aside, he is the head of this huge company who has experience in handling media and rumors. I am only his assistant with hardly any experience with dealing with clients and people, let alone convincing them. I have never been in any newspaper or have any past cases of escaping papparazi. News will get published and-"

"If you start thinking about every little thing besides your happiness, you can kiss Romeo goodbye. You are putting too many conditions and rules to feelings, Alli. A relationship doesn't work like that. Let it flow it's natural course and you will be just fine," He remarked.

I kept quiet. He was right again, but there was still this nagging feeling inside me. It was easy to say in words, difficult to put it in practice.

"Love is not that. It comes without terms and conditions. You just do it. If you start thinking too much, pack your bags and say goodbye to your lover," He snorted.

"I understand," I nodded, "You are right. I am thinking too much," I shook my head before smiling.

"What?"

"When did you become such a love guru?" I grinned.

"I have some knowledge, Alli. Someone special could have been there for me too," He shrugged.

I froze, "What?? Who is she?! Why haven't you told me? How long-"

"Its gone. It was there. Its gone. You don't know that girl. She was from work-" He got up, laughing as I clung his arm.

"But-"

"Why is he still not coming? You sure he hasn't ditched you?" He asked loudly, changing the topic.

I frowned at him. He didn't want to talk, it seemed. I wouldn't force him then. Anyway, Jared hadn't called me this morning. He just gave a text to be ready by 2:00. He didn't have a good night's sleep, I had a hunch.

~¤~

"Bye," Wade kissed me goodbye as Adam, Jared's chaffeur, helped me in keeping the suitcase.

I bade Wade goodbye and got in expecting him to smile and grin.

And instantly knew something was wrong.

Jared stared out of the window with a full serious face. He didn't smile or tease me. Heck, he didn't even acknowledge me. Weird.

"Hi Jared," I said excitedly.

He turned and looked at me for few seconds before nodding, his eyes holding no emotion whatsoever. Oh dear, was he going back to his old mode again? These four months had been pure bliss. Was it time for me to wake up again?