■ Continue trying

Monday

"Won't you even look at me now?" Jared asked pleading, as I listlessly spoke out his meetings that day.

"Sir, may I leave?" I asked, gazing at the wonderful piece of work of wood. The table.

"No, you may not. Tell me Allison, what should I do so that you forgive me?" He asked, "I will do anything you say. I am pretty desperate right now."

"Sir, your meeting starts in five minutes," I said, impatiently wanting to get out from here.

"Fuck the meeting. Speak to me, Alli. I am really really sorry. Won't you give me a second chance? Everybody deserves it," He said with his big grey eyes.

"Its your third," I said coldly.

"Third?"

"First chance, after I fainted and you brought me home... I mean your house. Second chance, the party and club."

"I messed up that bad, eh? But I was really confused that time so scrap the party one. I gave you a second chance. Why can't you?" He argued.

"We are not meant to be together. Either one of us is always messing things up. We are hurting each other always, aren't we? So, why are you even trying?" I couldn't help but give a cold chuckle.

"No. Allison, I love you. I broke off the engagement for you. I admit if it wasn't for Hailey, I would have broken it later but at the end, it has always been you and the deal would collapse. It simply took me some time to understand and process. The entire deal happened very quickly and I didn't think it through. I am not excusing my actions but give me a chance," He spoke softly.

"Which proves how juvenile you are. If you were older, you wouldn't have taken decisions so hastily."

"Alli, please humor me. I am already guilty and you are rubbing more salt. I know I am too inexperienced and young to take over but I am trying to be the best leader I can," He was speaking so gently, very unlike businessman Jared I had grown used to these few months.

"I am not saying sorry," I said petulantly.

"Then, give me a chance," I snorted at his words.

"You left for five years without explanation and it broke me from inside. Even then I loved you, I said it but you didn't believe me because you were going through a hurricane of negative emotions. I kept on calling, texting and mailing you. You blocked my number, I am pretty sure of it. That hurt me even more. I am facing a similar thing now. So sorry if I don't bow down to your request, sir," I added the last part.

He sighed, "I love you, Allison."

"You are a piece of shit."

"I gladly accept it and any other lovely term of endearments you have in store for me. But at least give me a chance to show my apology. A serious one," He said, leaning forward on his desk.

I finally looked at him, "You want a chance?"

"Yes. Desperately."

"Earn it," I said haughtily and went out, not bothering for his orders.

~¤~

Tuesday

"Sir, you have a press conference today at 7:00," I said, checking the diary and ticking off the event.

"Hm. Anything else you would like to say?" He asked, hopefully.

"Um... I won't be able to be there, sir," I said.

He frowned, "Why?"

"Sir, my family is coming to visit me. So, I need the rest of the day off," I said monotonously.

His face fell, "Fine. I hope they are doing good. I will miss you."

I rolled my eyes. As if.

"You don't believe me?"

"Not even a bit."

"That's a shame. But you will. Because I won't stop trying," He smirked.

"Well, I don't think you can succeed as I hardly seeing you make any effort except lame talks," I snorted.

"Oh baby, don't be so impatient. One day is enough for me," He winked.

Don't blush, Allison.

Don't blush!

"I don't know whether you will understand or not, but remember I love you, Alli. That's the entire truth. I have nothing else to hide anymore," He said seriously.

I rolled my eyes. He noticed that and looked a crestfallen. He was playing with his pen as his lips pouted a bit.

"Allison, I have never once in my life ever feigned my feelings for you. Even few months back, when I disliked you, it was true, hate was there but that was more active than my love. I didn't use you or took revenge on you for whatever happened five years back. Initially, it was just to burden you with work but that's it. I would never stoop that low to use you and break your heart.
        The deal which I made was only done keeping in mind the company and nothing else. Albeit, this deal wasn't the best deal I have made but it wasn't done because I wanted to hurt you. I stopped hating you since a long time back, perhaps never. Those were all feelings of pent up anger, disappointment and hurt."

I was staring at the table again because I would again start crying if I looked at his face. I wouldn't bend down. I had to be mentally strong. That night was a terrible night for me. I wouldn't recall it again.

"I love you."

"I am really not believing it," I narrowed my eyes, finally looking up to meet his grey ones. They looked dark and sad.

He sighed, "Shame. I hope you do after today. Give my love and wishes to your parents."

"Hmpf. Whatever," I huffed and went out, not looking back once.

********

A/N:- Think till now its cliché? Don't worry. Its about to go more cliché now. Hold all the cringey thoughts together, peeps.

XD