■ Try again Jared

"What?" I asked, not sure whether I had heard correctly.

"This is madness. Yesterday, it was announced that Jared was getting engaged to Cecelia. And just ten minutes ago, Cecelia Schoff announced the engagement was off and she dumped him," He said, letting out a laugh of disbelief.

I dropped the plate I was holding. Thank god, it was plastic.

"What?" I repeated stupidly.

"Here look," He took out his phone. He scrolled and clicked on a video.

And sure enough. Breaking news. Media had assembled outside her house while Cecelia calmly replied she had dumped Jared. He wasn't her type.

Oh. My. God.

Something big must have happened between them. But till last night, everything was going normal. What happened so severe as to her dumping Jared?

The bell rang. I walked over to the door and peeped through the eyehole. I almost got a heart attack as I recoiled few steps back like I had been electrocuted.

Jared was standing outside with the biggest grin on his face, looking highly impatient. He knocked again frantically.

"Allison! Alli! Open the door! Everything is okay now. The engagement is off!" He shouted excitedly.

I looked at Wade, "Open," He mouthed.

But anger overtook me, "Go to hell, Jared!"

"Why? Didn't you see the news? We are not getting engaged, Alli! I am not with her. Come on. Open the door, I have to talk to you. Lots of things," He frowned but repeatedly knocked, the grin replacing.

"No. She dumped you. That's why, you came running back to me. If she didn't, you would still be fantasising about her," I snapped.

"No no. You are getting this wrong," He shook his head, "I broke things off and allowed her to put all the blame on me as compensation."

"I am perfectly getting it, you two-faced liar. Now go. I don't wanna see you again you, heartbreaker pig," I snarled.

"Please. I broke off the engagement because I couldn't marry her. I did it for you, for us. I told her she could tell it the other way around," He pleaded.

"Just go back wherever you came from. Don't speak to me. Again," I went back to my room, slamming the door and locking it.

"Alli. Just open the door and listen to him once, will you? He is still standing outside," Wade knocked.

"Tell him to leave. Just because she couldn't tolerate him, he is now running back to me. I am not a switch he can turn off and on with his will. Shameless asshole. Don't let him enter our apartment," I warned.

"Well, he kind of already is. He is standing right outside of your door," Wade's unsure voice spoke.

What?

"Alli," Jared's voice spoke out, "Love, please open the door, Trust me, I broke off the engagement and not the other way round."

Instead of speaking to him, I shouted at Wade, "Wade! Why did you let him enter? I don't want to speak to him!"

"Allison-"

"Don't speak, Jared. I am not speaking to you."

"You technically are," Wade said.

"Shut up, both of you. Leave me alone, will you? Jared, please leave. Wade, I am not making dinner for us tonight. You go make your own food!" I yelled.