■ No more sir

"It was wonderful meeting you, guys. Plus, good to know Rosa and Albert are doing fine," I smiled, "I had a wonderful time."

"Yeah. But I am seriously hurt you did not maintain contact with us. What did we do?" Hailey pouted.

Awkward silence filled the room.

"Oh sorry, Alli. I didn't-"

"I had my job. I shifted and eventually got busy. Plus, you were happy with Mark and the kids," I forced a smile and am excuse, "Things drifted apart like they always do."

But she was right. I should have remained in touch with Hailey. It was Hailey, afterall. She had been such a good elder sister to me. I should have maintained contact with her.

And what? Continously ask of Jared? No way.

"I think Allison is tired," Jared stood up.

Thank you, Jared. As much as I loved Hailey, I was slightly disappointed our night together got disrupted. I didn't blame anyone but I would've wanted to spend more time with Jared. Days like today rarely occured.

"Yup. I should go. Thanks again. Bye guys," I waved goodbye.

"You must visit me again at my place. We will have girls night out. You are not running away this time," Hailey ordered.

I nodded like an obedient child.

I wasn't running away this time.

~¤~

"You are driving?" I asked. Jared nodded.

"Where is Adam?"

"Gave the day off," He started the engine, "So, when are you coming again? Hailey will eat my head once we return," He laughed.

"Let's see. You have few important deals to finalise before that in tomorrow's meeting and we have a business trip to London this weekend," I said, checking my phone.

Woah. I just realized it. I had completely forgotten about it. I wanted to bash my head the last time I had seen this deal which was during the initial month of my work. I wanted to fake a leg injury or accident. Now, I wanted to dance.

Weekend with Jared alone. I swear I had to contain myself from jumping up and down in joy. But then again Allison, you are no longer a teenager. Calm yourself down.

To hell with it. I was darn happy.

Jared seemed to be thinking the same because his face broke into a beam, "Really? Its this weekend? I know every cool place in London. I had missed it too much. I can't wait for it."

"Its for two nights," I said.

"Seriously? That's sad," He sighed loudly, "I wish we could prolong it but I am afraid I won't get holidays like that because we immediately have to come back and start working with Schoff if he finalises the deal. Even if he doesn't, I have the next project in line up."

I pitied him. I sincerely believed this guy needed a holiday. I had never seen this guy take a leave in my entire tenure under him. In contrary, at times he had even worked on Sundays when I had my day off. Now I was getting surer day by day that I never wanted to become a CEO in my life.

"I hate my life sometimes. I wish we had more than two days."

I wished that too. Nevertheless, I smiled, "Oh and all the best for the deal, day after tomorrow."

"I know. I am really excited," He chuckled, "Once I get this deal done, it will make the company step into the next level, you know. Business wise, its going to extend. You have no idea how happy I am. Even Dad could never get such a huge project before," He grinned, drumming his fingers on the steering wheel, "I have a feeling he will accept it, Alli. And when he does, I sure won't stop celebrating for at least a week."