■ She better watch out

*Contains swearing*

Jared

I got up after restlessly tossing around for few minutes when I realized that sleep wasn't my friend for today. The sleeping body next to me turned over and continued sleeping, mumbling something. Sighing, I wore my clothes lazily, looking outside. The entire New York City could be seen settling down under the pale yellow light of sunrise. It was a pleasant and soothing sight to watch within the dark room with darker shades of design.

This reminded me of another place where I would sit and watch the entire city. That view was better than this one because there wasn't any obstruction and I could sit amidst trees and on the rocks instead of my bedroom. It seemed so long ago.

Yawning, I stood up and went down to the kitchen to have something as my stomach was rumbling. Elle was about to walk over when I motioned her I could make the coffee myself. She nodded subtly and walked away. I walked towards the cabinet and took out the coffee jar after putting the water to boil.

As I made the coffee, I remembered I had to go some pathetic office tomorrow to sign and take over that joke of a company. It was at such a loss that I felt laughing at it. It was no big deal buying it. I didn't even want to buy it, but Gordon, my senior business partner said it would benefit me. He was still teaching me as my dad stepped down last year and I was still yet to be the official CEO of my company. The board meeting would happen at the end of the year.

Also, I desperately needed a PA. The last one got fired when I caught her once scrolling over my laptop in a suspicious manner. Turns out she was leaking confidential information and she was fired the very next day and I didn't even think twice like my old self would do. Anyway, she couldn't work efficiently. Even after working for a considerable period of time, she didn't get my coffee right or handling my clients properly. So, Gordon had the HR give out an advertisement for a PA. It was getting hard for me to rely on Gordon. He had other things to do rather than fulfill my job as a temporary assistant. I needed to hire someone soon as the interviews rolled in.

"Hello, you smell nice," The girl from upstairs cooed and wrapped her arms around me as I stood there watching the sunset from the kitchen. I jerked a bit at the sudden interruption of my alone time and felt irritated at the disruption of silence.

"Please go and wear something," I whispered uncomfortably and took the coffee and went out to the living room to stand in front of the glass wall.

"I thought you liked me in this state, specially after last night," She gave a shy smile.

I stared at her blankly, trying to understand if she wanted snacks or sex. I just didn't find anything remotely cute in it, let alone hot. I hoped she knew what the entire deal was. She agreed to it yesterday herself.

"Listen, you have to go. I have an important meeting today. I need to sleep early tonight. It was nice-"

Having sex with you? No, that wouldn't sound polite.

"-knowing you. I have informed the staff to find you a cab," I finished awkwardly, not maintaining eye contact.

She paused, realizing what I meant. She glared for few seconds and then walked away, cursing me right from hell to what not. I shrugged. She should have realised I wasn't a cuddler. It was a one time deal. I never made a deal and went back on my words. I needed an outlet to release my needs and so did she. So, it was a simple one.
      There were certain rules I abided by. I didn't cuddle. The last time I cuddled someone was ages ago which I had no intention of reminiscing. I didn't repeat the same person either. Lastly, I never spoke while doing it. Speaking for me meant intimacy which I hated.