■ Nostalgic

I was nervous again. It was not a date, Alli. Just to celebrate the success of the deal. But after five years I was going out with him so of course I was nervous. Who wouldn't be nervous? It was completely normal I felt tensed.

He had texted me not to wear a formal dress as this was not a formal dinner. So, I just wore a jeans and top. And a bit eyeliner...just because it was Jared. Otherwise I didn't wear makeup.

The doorbell rang. I adjusted my hair and opened eagerly to find Jared, not in a suit.

Of course.

He wore a white T-shirt and jeans with his totally perfect swept hair and his signature smirk. He looked like the old Jared. He also had a cap on and a mask hanging around his neck.

"Wow," I blurted out.

"Really? Thanks. You look cute too. Come on. There is no car today. We have to walk a bit," He looked chirpy, pointing to the mask, "This is to protect against any media, if there is any."

The cool air hit me as we went down. The street was not very crowded. Plus, I guess Jared wasn't recognisable in this attire. I had hardly seen him in anything but a suit after he had returned. He had tilted the cap down slightly to avoid anyone seeing him squarely and put his mask back on.

A walk at nightime in the streets of New York City with your hot boss who also happens to be your crush. Totally acceptable.

Though I had my doubts whether Jared was just a mere crush anymore. I was again falling for him, I couldn't deny. And this time I wasn't messing things up again.

"Its a bit nostalgic, huh?" He asked as we took a less crowded street, walking very closely with each other.

Quite closely, so our fingers were almost touching.

"Yes," I replied honestly, feeling shy again all of a sudden.

Come on, it's just a dinner. It's Jared, not a stranger. You have worked for him for four months now. You can do it, Alli. He's just a boy.

Well, he is Jared after all.

Goddamn it, I need to stop feeling and acting like a teenager. Act your age, Allison. Stop blushing! You are a strong, independent, intelligent, beautiful lady who needs no man to make her feel good-

He was looking so cute. Maybe I could take a break from feminism for few hours.

"I remember us walking like this. Young, carefree teenagers," He remarked, "No bloody reporters. I am glad I am not in the entertainment industry though, so not much people pay heed to us. I shudder to think what they might face every time they go out."

"We used to take your motorcycle and ride all over the city," I smiled.

"Do you remember the amusement park?" He whispered.

Wouldn't he feel pain if he said this? Because I sure as hell was feeling a tinge of pain. What I wouldn't do to go back and fix everything before everything fell apart. I would do anything to go back to those carefree days with no jobs and a lot of time in our hands.

"Faintly. I remember the boating trip though. You and that crocodile fiasco," I grinned.

"Ah! That monster," He laughed, "I swear it was a crocodile, Alli."

"Was not. It was a lake. There are no crocodiles there," I shook my head, holding the strap of my bag tightly with both hands.

"And then we toppled over-"

"All thanks to you," I added.

"Yes. Do you remember that ice skating rink?" He asked, hands secured in his pockets casually as I didn't leave my hands off my bag even after a while.