■ On the way

He wanted girls? Fine. He could have them. I would show him I didn't care. He had no right to treat me like that and escape. I too could give him the cold shoulder if I wanted. Till now, I had not uttered anything as he tortured me these few weeks but enough was enough. I wasn't saying anything until he apologized.

But he wasn't my boyfriend, he didn't need to apologize. Why would he say sorry to me for something he didn't do?

He better not lead me on then. He acted like a sulky boyfriend if I spoke about Wade and took care of me like I mattered. I had no doubt if it was someone else, he would take that person to the hospital and pay his/her bills.

He wouldn't burden that person with hundred files in the first place.

As I examined myself, I realized I looked like a bombshell. Thank god for parties because I had a reason to splurge on myself and dress to my satisfaction. I also needed to shed my glasses this time. Just as I wore the contacts, I heard the bell. I opened the door to find the Devil standing.

He stood their in all his glory, with his perfect black Armani suit and crisp white shirt. Add to that a black pants and a rolex watch. Voila! You get a handsome mouth watering Jared Grey.

"Your hair," Was the first thing that came out of his mouth.

"What about it?"

"Its open. I have never seen it open till now. It has grown longer," He blinked.

"And?"

"Nothing . You look nice," He said softly, taking in my attire.

Did I ask for his compliment?

Instantly, I regained my cold composure, "Can we go?"

"What about your glasses?" He asked, subtly strolling inside as if it was an everyday thing.

"I am wearing lens."

He frowned, "Glasses suit you. You should wear them."

"I don't think so. Can we go?" I asked impatiently.

His frown deepened but he didn't argue further. He wasn't fooling anyone.

You might tell me what to do for work, but you are not telling me if I could or could not wear glasses. If this attire reminded him of Alice, let it be. I was more important than his thoughts.

~¤~

"How come your parents allow you to stay with a guy?" Jared asked as we headed towards the party.

I didn't reply, maintaining few inches gap between us as I pressed myself against the door of the car.

"Allison, I am asking you something," He persisted.

"And I am choosing not to answer. You can fire me if you want," I gave him a sweet smile.

He blinked, scrutinising me before a snicker escaped his mouth, "No, I won't fire you. You know that very well."

"Then, don't ask questions," I snapped.

"And what if I say sorry? Will you give me an answer after that?" He tilted his head, giving me a boyish full blown smile.

That smile. The contagious smile my old Jared used to give. Shit, he was using his most dangerous weapon.

"Say sorry then," I narrowed my eyes, not showing him how that smile was making my insides do bungee jumping.

"Sorry," He said instantly.

"Give it a bit more meaning," I said.

He rolled his eyes, but nevertheless said, "I am sorry I went and picked up a girl that day because you said you were going to be busy with your guy 'best friend' over an important work. I won't do that again," He pressed his mouth in a thin line.