■ Lunch fights

"Welcome to L'Evans. Please come in Mr. Grey and Ms.-"

"Marshall," I replied to the smiling guy as I saw him give me a quick glance at my underdressed attire. Jared didn't seem to mind as he walked away coolly like it was his regular hang out place. Maybe it was. I gave a nervous glance at the expensive setup and realized this was a place I could only afford in my dreams.

A place where a salad would probably cost me two sets of shoes. It looked like a place of elites and celebrities. I looked like a dishwasher in this place. My Alice attire would have suited this place more.

We were escorted to a table. After having comfortably settled down, Jared picked up the menu, his lips moving silently as he glanced over.

Those were some thick luscious lips.

Shut up, Alli. Please.

"What would you like to have?" He asked me seriously.

This was awkward enough. But hey, since I was feeling extra happy, I was ready to ignore it. No matter how much he chastised me, I had no qualms over anything because for now, I could just stare at him for the time being.

It didn't hurt to stare at a good looking man. Him being my boss was just a bonus point.

"Anything. I will have what you will take," I gleamed.

"Sea food is okay with you?"

"That's really expensi-" I frowned when he brushed that thought off.

"Okay, one Greek salad, two lobsters and a bottle of your finest champagne," He said and dismissed the waiter.

"The lobster was the most expensive item, Ja- sir. You could've ordered some chicken," I said softly, looking around to see some of the guests giving me unapproved glances.

If only he would've let me wear those attire, then we wouldn't have a problem but no, that reminded him of Alice. Stupid guy. He didn't seem to care one bit. He was staring only at me and looked completely oblivious to what people were looking at.

"I wanted to have lobster. Plus, you only said you didn't mind anything and would eat what I was taking. It's no big deal," He shrugged.

Maybe he had gold bars for dinner and played with caviar in his diamond studded treehouses.

"I know it might not be a big deal for you. It is for me though. I hope you know we will go Dutch. I am not letting you pay my half," I said in a low voice.

"It's just one lunch," He sighed, "Don't make a mountain out of a molehill. You don't have to pay me back."

"Of course I have to. This is not a birthday treat or any celebration. I will pay-"

"Okay, how about I cut off your half from your salary the next month?" He concluded, looking like he wanted no more arguments for today.

"Okay. But do so. Don't forget," I warned.

He suddenly gave me a smile. Not his usual derogatory smirk or evil gleam. A genuine warm soft smile. The smile of old Jared.

That contagious smile that melted me into a puddle everytime he gave me that expression.

Holy Christ, my body felt warmer with that smile. This was the first time I was seeing him smile. I forgot the last time he smiled at me like this. His face looked so precious that I wouldn't mind if someone told me to pinch his cheeks.

He looked gorgeous. I felt my ears go warm as I rubbed them vigorously.

Somehow, I was reminded of our café meeting, when I first met him. His lost boyish smile, the one which I loved, his jokes and lame attempts at flirting. At that time, I wanted to get out of there and far away from him... and now it was the opposite. I didn't want to leave at all.