■ Sea green eyes

Jared

I knew I couldn't hate her anymore. Specially, after the club incident. Allison wasn't what I had perceived. It was as if she had opened another facet of her. The girl I knew was a bit shy when it came to other people and usually timid but she still surprised me. Like tonight, I had no idea she had a hidden Bruce Lee inside her. I never thought she was the type of girl to kick a guy in his groin because despite what people said, it took guts.

I knew I had to let go of the past. I wouldn't mix it with the present. From today onwards, I was really going to move on. Allison was wonderful at her job. I couldn't scold her for illogical reasons. Plus, if we were gonna work together for two years provided I didn't fire her (which I wouldn't) we had to maintain a good rapport.

This whole getting back at her had ultimately backfired on me. I didn't want revenge anymore. I didn't want to torture or pick at her. I was more at peace and calm now.

I didn't know why I did the whole friends part though...

You can be anything but friends with her, my inner voice said.

No, I argued.

Oh, please, you still haven't got over her...

I have a lot.

Yeah? She was there somewhere always. You might have hidden that part away but you never completely forgot her. It was first love after all.

No...no...

You still feel for her... you always felt for her. You know you never stopped loving her.

I don't.

Yes, you do.

"Shut up," I said.

"Um... I wasn't speaking," Allison said.

"Oh, sorry. I wasn't speaking to you. I was speaking to myself," I said, clearing my throat and shifting in my seat.

"Oh, okay," She nodded, "You tend to do that a lot?"

"Yes. I am my own best friend and opposition."

"Got that."

The outside air was cold as we drove away. I had opened the windows and the streets were half empty now. There was a comfortable silence lurking between us as the presentation hovered behind my head. I turned towards Allison after a while. She was staring outside peacefully as she had a hand under her chin and a wry smile on her face. She turned and looked at me to find me staring. I shook my head and smiled back. Her eyes twinkled as she gave a grin.

Damn. I swear my heartbeat doubled its rate. Those eyes, man. I never really found eyes so appealing before I met her and even after her, I never found that pull again.

"Allison? Can I ask you to do something. If only you permit," I said hastily, changing the topic. I had been dying to ask it since the day I met her again.

"What?"

"Um... actually leave it. Its kinda stupid and weird," I shook my head.

"No, you can say it," She argued.

"Nah... leave it," I shrugged it off.

"I don't like when people do that. If you didn't want to say, why did you start speaking in the first place?" She pouted.

She looked so adorable in that stupid facial expression too. Well, it seemed I had no problem when she did it compared to the other girls who did it. I hated pouting in general.