■ Assumed truth

We didn't have time to see anything else besides a park and just walking through the streets. We didn't take Jared's car or bodyguards. I fervently said we would take buses or cabs or we would walk. I wanted to enjoy London without fancy cars and bodyguards come drivers surrounding us.

Jared spoke nicely to me but one could make out he was still grumpy. Yet, I was enjoying myself. I forced him to take pictures. The forced smiles on his face would indicate he was suffering from constipation for heaven sakes. I was getting my positive vibes again and having a blast.

London was awesome.

"We should go back now. Its almost 8:00. We need to have dinner, " Jared checked his watch.

"Yup," I said stuffing cotton candy in my mouth, "London is great. We didn't see anything almost. I would love to come here again with you," I said and realized a second later.

Oops.

"I-I um..." My ears warmed up.

Jared stared at me as if he was having an internal conflict in his mind, "Allison. No, please," He suddenly said, his face contorting into pain.

"Why not?" I stopped walking. We were at the park. Children were running around as adults sat down. All kinds of hawkers were present and the weather was cool. It wasn't very crowded. It was nice and calm.

It would have been totally romantic if Jared wasn't acting like a girl on her periods.

"Don't say stuff like that," He shook his head, "I beg of you."

"After what happened between us since last few months, I can tell that we are just not only in the professional zone. You clearly said that yourself. What's wrong, Jared? What happened?" I asked softly, lifting my hand and pressing it against his cheek.

His eyes closed as he let out a strangled breath and leaned into my palm. He brushed his lips against them before he slowly opened his eyes and looked at me clearly.

"Can I ask you something? You have to answer truthfully," He almost choked out the question.

"Sure. Anything for you."

"If we again go back together, if... would you lie and again hide something from me?" He asked, his eyes full of anguish.

I stilled. Why was he asking these questions? Whats the use? But again I had to tell him everything after my promise to Hailey and myself. If we were having a talk now, it was good. We were bound to have it someday.

"Of course not, Jared. I made a mistake and I won't do it again," I said truthfully, "You know that."

"Hmm," He mumbled deep in thought, looking away.

"Plus, I am still paying for that mistake. Thats why its a bit weird for us sometimes when we come close or anything," I said, chuckling awkwardly.

His eyebrows scrunched as the sad mask slipped off him, "What are you saying?"

"I mean you loved Alice once. So, its a bit weird for us when we come close. Though I don't think you love Alice anymore because I never see you speaking about her. I don't think you think about her either. I-"

"Alice? Why would I love Alice?" He asked, looking perplexed, a deep scowl marring his features.

"Jared, I know you were heartbroken. But you don't have to act. You loved Alice at one time. Don't deny it," I said.

Aarghhh, its still so painful thinking about them together.

"Dafuq, Allison. I don't love Alice. I never loved Alice. Why would you think like that?" He shook his head in disbelief, facing me completely.