3) Where It All Began...

OLIVIA

January 1st 2015.

"I can't believe you are going out we just came back from church!" My mom said to me.

"Mom, it's New Years and you make it seem like ima go and dance on a pole." I said to her.

"Chile don't play with me." Mom said because she hated anything to do with strippers.

"Look Mom, I did as you asked. I came church. Actually, no. I went because I wanted to; you know, thank the Lord for everything he has done. However it doesn't mean I can't go out also. Plus Taylor is leaving for London so I ain't missing this as it's going to be a very long time before I get to party with her."

"Kim, leave Olivia alone. You don't be nagging the boys like that." My daddy said. I smiled at him. He was always intervening.

"Because SHAWN... You should have told them to come." Mom said to daddy.

"Oh woman hush. I don't know why you want this perfect little family that goes church. It don't exist. Not with us anyway. You have two bad ass sons who would most probably burn if they stepped foot in church..."

"SHAWN!!" Mom said cutting him.

I burst out laughing. Daddy was always winding up mom and she always fell for it.

"Daddy, stop winding Mommy up; you know she's sensitive. And on that note I'm going to get ready!" I said as I made my way upstairs.

I didn't have much in my room anymore due to the fact I had moved everything to my new home. But I made sure to keep this outfit for tonight.

I picked up my phone to start playing some music but I noticed lots of missed calls from both Taylor and Brianna. Before I could call back Taylor rang me again.

"Hello.."

"Where are you? Yo girl workin' on my nerves." Taylor said. I laughed.

"You sure? Her just being in your presence annoys you."

"Well I'm glad you know. Hurry up!"

"I'm coming I'm coming I'm just changing and then I'm coming!" I said as I hung up. I know if I stayed on the phone she would just moan about Brianna.

Speaking of Brianna I thought to myself as I saw her calling me.

"Yes yes yes I'm coming I'm coming." I said as I answered the phone.

"Where you?"

"At home getting ready."

"Ima come get you. See you soon." She said and hung up.

I just shook my head. Brianna was only coming to get me because she was most probably feeling uncomfortable being at the club without me.

Taylor is my best friend from birth. Yes. Birth. She's my next door neighbour. Her parents and my parents are joint to the hip. They go out on group dates and holidays with each other. They was friends long before me and Taylor came onto the scene. Growing up me and Taylor did everything together. Never had an argument. She is the definition of a best friend.