1) Bitter Sweet

OLIVIA

June 2014.

As I flung my hat in the air I could not have been happier!! I had finally graduated!!
I was one step closer to achieving the goals I wanted to achieve.
As I walked over to where my friends and family were I noticed someone was missing.
There was my mom and dad, my two big brothers and my best friend Taylor. But no Liam. Liam was my boyfriend. We had been together for four years. I met him when I moved to campus my first year of college. To say I loved him was an understatement. We had been joint to the hip these past four years. We have been on holiday together and during my second year he lived with me and my bestie Brianna who I graduated with today. So for him to not be here was somewhat confusing.

"Congratulations!!" Everyone shouted as I approached them. Hugs were exchanged along with selfies and group photos.

"What's wrong princess?" My dad asked.

"Oh nothing. I just thought Liam would have been here."

"He is. Well he was. When your name was called he was standing right next to us."

"Really?" I said somewhat relieved.

"Yeah. He's most probably just seen his boys or something. He'll be back." My dad said.

I nodded in agreement.

"Can you believe we did it?" Brianna said jumping up and down with excitement!

"Gurlll!! We made it! After a long four years.. We are finally at the finishing line! Next stop - get our own shop!" I said to her.

I started getting hot so I decided to go and change. I got my stuff from my car and headed to the washroom. When I got closer I heard a familiar voice. It was Liam's voice.

"Look.. I'm never going to leave her. You was good for being my side piece so what's changed?"

My ears pricked up at what I heard. I listened some more.

"Everything has changed Liam..  I'm falling for you. I don't want to be your secret. I want to be your girl. Fuck Olivia!" She screamed.

I had heard enough.

"Oh fuck Olivia huh?" I said making them both jump.

"Shit. Babe.. It's not what it looks like!" Liam said.

"Yes it is!" Said the side piece.

"Yano, I'm not even mad at this jump off. Because a bitch can't come and ruin shit if you don't let her. You let her." I then turned to the side piece. "Honey, I don't know if you know about me but you need to get going. I'm only going to tell you once." I said to her.

I really wanted to wipe that smug look off her face with my fist but I had bigger fish to fry.

"Looks like my work here is done anyway, I'll be expecting your call Liam.." She said as she began walking off.

I grabbed her back and pinned her up against the wall.

"The only reason I ain't fucking you up right now is because I look good. But please believe Ima see you again." I said before releasing her.

I then turned to Liam and slapped the shit out of him.

"HOW COULD YOU??? HOW THE FUCK COULD YOU??? SO WHAT? WHAT WE HAD MEANT NOTHING TO YOU?  OR YOU THINK BECAUSE YOU BOUT TO BE A STAR YOU CAN HAVE SIDE PIECES AND IMA BE COOL WITH IT?" I said as I continued swinging for him.

I was dragged off and turned to swing for the person when I realised my brother was the one who dragged me off. With my family behind him looking all confused.

"Olivia!!" My mother said.

"Don't. Don't OLIVIA me!! I just overheard this punk talking to his side piece!" I said.

Everyone looked at him and I noticed my brother - Carter had his fists clenched.

"Mom, dad; can you guys go to the car. Won't be long." I told my parents.

As soon as they left I went back to slapping Liam upside his head.

"I. Hate. You. I can't believe you would do this! I gave you everything! I was a good girlfriend. I didn't slack! I made sure to stay consistent with everything! I juggled work, studying, seeing my family, you. I made it all work! But that wasn't enough. What did you think? I was gonna be that girlfriend who said it was okay and acceptable? NO!! It's over..."

"Liv! Please.. Just hear me out!"

"Hear you out? Okay, answer me this... Did. You. Fuck. Her?"

"Liv.."

"Answer the question fuckboy!"

"Yes.. Yes I did but Liv.."

"Then that's it. I won't stay with someone who cheats on me. I can't and don't trust you. So like I said. It's over..." I started walking off then I stopped.

"Carter.. Jake.. Don't break his legs. But make sure he's unable to play his next few games." I said then walked off.

I could hear Liam screaming as my brothers jumped him. I didn't care. I was hurting and I needed him to hurt.

I didn't know what or how to feel. I was happy that I graduated but I was sad that my four year relationship had just gone down the drain.

Today was indeed what one would call Bitter Sweet.