11) My Grand Opening...

MASON

Tonight was the night. My casino was finally opening. It wasn't going to be a huge casino. Something small and intimate. Members only. And that's exactly what my Casino was called.
As I walked down my stairs with Olivia I felt like the luckiest man alive. There was just something about her that always had a nigga feeling good.

As we walked towards everyone, conversations stopped and all eyes were on us.

"Hey y'all thanks for being here. It means a lot. I chose for us to meet here first as I wanted to introduce you to someone special. This is my girl Olivia." I said proudly.

"Heyy..." She said with a wave.

Mom was the first person to walk over.

"So this is the reason my boy be smiling everyday nowadays. Well, Miss Olivia. Thank you. And it's nice to meet you."

"Thank you Mrs Ford, nice to meet you." She said politely.

"Cmon child no need for the formals. Call me Sammy." Mom pleaded.

My father and siblings were next to follow. Pops introduced himself then my sisters.

"So this one here to stay or is she for the mean time?" Makayla said with so much attitude that I almost forgot she was my sister.

"Hold up. Excuse me everyone. Just let me clear this up. This here is the second female I have ever brought to y'all so y'all should know if I bring someone to y'all it's real!"

"Like it was real when you cheated on Gabby?" Makayla spoke up again.

"Kayla!" Mariah - my other sister said trying to shut her up.

"Now Makayla why you gotta bring me into alla this?" Gabby said with attitude.

It was no surprise they didn't like each other. Sydney and Makayla were good friends. Unfortunately.

"Excuse me." Olivia said and walked off.

This evening wasn't going how I planned. I grabbed Makayla.

"Ow! Get off me Mason!"

"Listen here... The only reason you here is because you mama daughter. Keep playing wit me and Ima forget. Remember who it is that keeps this oh so fabulous lifestyle of yours going. Don't fuck with me. Remember what I said. Mind yo mouth!" I threatened.

"Okay okay calm down. Mason don't be gripping on her like that she's your baby sister." Mama said to me.

I walked off looking for Liv.

"Liv..."

"No! No.. You could have told me you invited yo ex!"

"Liv.. Listen please. Gabby is my best friend. She's the one that got the clothes for me for you that day. Yes she's my ex but due to my infidelities she left me! Like my sister said. I did tell you my sister was someone who would make things bigger than they are. On top of that she's best friends with the girl I cheated on Gabby with. Yeah it's all messy but Ima need for you to let all this go over your head. My sister will say whatever she wants to make you not want to be with me. Also if you didnt notice Gabby is here with her own partner. I'm sorry I didn't tell you but when you say you left your ex for cheating how do I then say yeah that is why my ex left me?"

"I would have preferred you told me it all so I wouldn't look dumb when yo sister decides to drop all these bombs."

"You right you right. And for that I'm sorry. But show them all that it's going to take more than that to break us! Cmon V."

"No more secrets! You tell me everything! Okay?!"

"Okay.." I said.

We walked back out and everyone looked at us.

"Let me just clear this up. I'm Makayla. I'm not going to pretend I like you. Okay?" My sister said to Olivia.

It was like she purposely wanted drama.

"That's good because I definitely wasn't going to." Olivia shot back.

Makayla walked off.

"I'm Mariah. Nice to meet you." My youngest sister said.

"Nice to meet you." Olivia said back.

"I know you remember me! I brought you flowers!" Matthew said making Olivia laugh.

"Yeahhhh I remember you!"

"Good good that's what's up! Now you make sure you keep my brother in check because he's been doing well since he met you!" Matthew said.

My cousin and my right hand introduced theirselves to Olivia also. Then their was Gabby and her man.

"Hey I'm Gabby. Nice to meet you."

"Hey Gabby. You too." Olivia said with what I believe was sincerity.

The partner introduced himself and any tension that once was was no longer anymore.

It was time to go so we headed out to the limousines I had hired. By the time we reached the destination there was a decent crowd. I had a particular dress code. For the ladies; dresses were not allowed to be above the knee. For the men; suits and footwear had to look sharp! and everyone HAD to wear all black. If the requirements were not met then you would be refused entry.

It was time I said a few words before entry would be allowed.

"First and foremost I just want to thank you all for coming out. This business is a dream for me and now this dream is about to become a reality. I want to thank my family and friends for the constant support. I just want to say if you have a dream go for it because it can happen. And at any point if you feel your dream can't be met. Just remember this day and tell yourself "Michael did it... So can I" thank you all again for coming out. Thank you." I said as I stood to the side and Olivia cut the ribbon.

Cheers were roaring through the crowd as the doors were opened and everyone made their way in.

"Michael?" Olivia whispered in my ear.

"Yeah.. Michael is what everyone thinks is my name. Only those that were in my house knows my name is Mason and I want it to stay that way. I know it's hard but try calling me Michael please. Or stick with babe." I said to her.

That was the truth. It was funny that when I met Olivia I told her my actual name straight away yet someone like Sydney has no clue my name is Mason. This is why my son is called Junior. She wanted to call him Michael Junior but that's not my name and I couldn't allow it.

As I said I'm a very private person. This is the only business people will know about. All the others I remain mysterious unless obviously you know me.

All in all the grand opening was a success and we signed up a lot of members. I was informed by security that Sydney did try to come but as her picture and her friends pictures were blacklisted from entering they were refused entry.

I thought about taking full custody of Junior but that would mean I needed to tell Olivia that I was a father. And with the stunt my sister pulled today now wasn't the right time. However I do believe if I don't tell her soon somebody else just might....