28) She Still Cares

MASON

I woke up to the feeling of cold water. Then all these different pains kicked in. My head was throbbing. My ribs felt broken. My whole body just felt bruised. I couldn't see as my eyes were covered. I don't even know what happened. One minute I'm walking to my car next minute here I am. I felt my blindfold come off and tried to adjust my eyes to the bright light. I looked around and knew exactly where I was. A chop shop. But why? I don't really have beef with nobody. So why was I here?

"Now.. I thought we'd have some fun before we kill you." I heard a voice say. I looked up and saw Olivia's brothers. I should have known.

They both pulled up two chairs and sat in front of me.

"So.. You remember what I said to you the day you met my family?" Carter asked me.

I didn't answer. I get that they're mad. But I don't appreciate this. If I had the strength I certainly would be putting a bullet in one of them.

"Cat lost his tongue." Jake said.

I laughed.

"Man I ain't lost shit. But why the fuck would I answer y'all niggas? This is some punk ass move. Y'all mad and shit so why not come to me as a man. Instead y'all what? Jump me and fuck me up whilst I'm unconscious? Y'all ain't nothing but ah bunch ah fuckboys!" I said.

They ran up on me and started punching and kicking. There was nothing I could do other than take it. I was tied up. I saw Carter draw for an instrument, it was a chain saw. This nigga was crazy!

"Okay okay.. Listen. Y'all mad about what exactly? Me having kids and not telling Liv?"

"Naw. Everyone knows you have kids! That's Livs own for not double checking. I'm mad because you fucked her best friend. Not only have you hurt her but you also ruined the friendship her and Brianna had. I know she's hurting over it. She cried in our arms about it. I told you... If a tear falls from my sisters eyes..."

"I never slept with that bitch! I can prove it!"

"What?"

"I never slept with her. She lying."

"Why would she lie and lose her friend?"

"I don't know. She's a shit human. But I'm telling y'all I never slept with her and her baby ain't mines."

"You lying. You trying to save yo self. But you can't. You see it's too late. I warned you but you didn't want to listen. So now, now you gon find out what happens when you fuck with the wrong girl..." He said as he started back up the chainsaw.

"CARTER!!" A voice echoed through the chop shop.

If there was ever a time I was happy to see Olivia and her pops, now was it.

"FUCK!" Carter shouts.

"WHAT THE FUCK CARTER? WHAT YOU DOING? DID I TELL YOU TO DO THIS? LOOK AT HIM!!" Olivia said.

She looked close to tears. To know she wasn't behind this, to know she still cared made me feel better despite the pain running through me.