9) When I'm With Her...

MASON

"V.. When you gon gimme a key? Got me ringing the damn door like I don't stay here just as much as you!" I said as she let me in.

"You pay bills here?" She said with her smart mouth.

"I would. You know I would. Yo independent ass won't let me!" I shot back.

"Look.. I don't ask you for keys to yo thousands of cribs you have. So leave me and my one crib." This was her favourite thing to say.

"Ha ha. Funny. Aye babe I need you to design me something real nice for the opening. I know it's tomorrow but you can make that happen right?" I asked her.

"Already done." She said as she turned on the tv to watch her show.

"What?" I asked surprised.

"You heard. Already done." She said not taking her eyes off the tv.

"How?"

"Well I don't need yo measurements. I know yo sizes. And I knew... I just knew.. You was gon ask me the day before to make you something." She said still watching the tv.

"Well how you know Ima like it?"

"The suit is white with a red wine shirt and matching shoes made by yours truly. You will like it." She said confidently.

"So what you wearing you know you have to match right?"

"Yes. Long white dress with a side split. My heels clutch and hair will be the same red wine colour as your shirt and shoes. Can I watch my show now?" She said sounding annoyed.

"You got it all figured out huh? Ite Ima let you watch yo show. I'm not staying tonight though." I said knowing that would grab her attention.

"And why not? You ain't stayed here all week!" She said as she turned to me.

"I know I know but I got some last minute stuff to do for tomorrow. I only really came so you could do the measurements but you got that all taken care of." I said as I kissed her lips.

"Yeah yeah yeah. You better stop playing. Or else Ima think you laying up with somebody else." She said.

I looked at her. This wasn't something I had ever heard or thought I would hear come out of Olivia's mouth.

"Awww my baby jealous."

"No. I ain't jealous. I been cheated on before remember. Don't slack or you gon get slapped." She said as she went back to focusing on her tv show.

"Yo ass is crazy. I only got eyes for you ma. I'm out anyway. I'll holla you baby." I said before I left.

As I made my way to Gabbys house I thought about how good and peaceful my life had been lately. Despite having two baby moms that hate each other. I spend time with my kids, I look about my businesses, keep my family above board and keep my woman happy.

I never thought I would feel for Olivia the way I do. But I do. She keeps me in check. She makes sure I don't slack. When she deals with her businesses she help me deal with mine. We are definitely a good team. Business and personal.

After Gabby I never thought I would feel for another girl like I did her. But I can see with Olivia that that may be the case. I keep it real with Olivia. We have no secrets. We share everything. Everything there is except one thing.

Me being a father. Olivia made it known on our first date she don't do guys with kids. Luckily my ma called and she forgot what she had asked.

Now don't get me wrong. I love my kids and I take care of mine. But most girls especially if they younger won't want a guy with kids because they say it's baggage and they don't want the drama.