40) I'm Done...

MASON

It's one year since my pops died and it just don't seem real. Every time I come here, I'm visiting him and my son.

Over the past year I have started thinking about what I need to do to get my life back on track and better than what it was. I hate to say it but I feel like falling in love has caused all of this.

I'm not blaming Olivia. I just wished that I did things different. Had I told her the truth in the beginning then maybe things would have worked out differently.

Now we are living together but seeing other people. How that works I don't know. Cassey is all good and everything but she ain't what I want. She knows it too. I don't know why girls stay when they know the guy don't really want them. This is how and why we as men take advantage and sleep around. Because I know if I tell Cassey she will be mad but she will forgive me. Women like that I won't take seriously.

"Son, I'm getting in your car on the way back." Ma said to me. I nodded. I was glad. My sisters told me some stuff that was bothering me. When we got in the car I decided to address the issue.

"Aye Ma. What's this I'm hearing about pops used to hit you?"

Ma smacked her lips.

"Them damn girls don't know how to keep nothing to themselves. Now don't worry about that. That's a part of my life that's gone. I just told the story to Olivia to let her know that what may seem perfect to everyone else may have its imperfect moments."

"So..."

"I'm not telling you nothing. I wasn't even trying to slander yo daddy. I made that known. Yo father was a good man. He had his flaws and he worked on them. Now please, today of all days would you drop it?!" Ma said.

I nodded my head and said no more.

"You still messing with that Cassey girl?" Ma asked me.

"Yeah." I said.

"Why?" She asked.

"Why? Whatchu mean why?"

"Why are you wasting your time with her when you need to work on getting back with Olivia."

"Ma.. That ship has sailed. She met someone, I've met someone. Let's leave it at that."

"Y'all both stubborn."

"Yeah. I get it from my Ma." I said as I pulled up to her house.

For the rest of the day everyone came round in memory of my dad. We played his music that he would play every Sunday's and we took out dominoes that he loved to play. All in all the day was great and there wasn't a sad face in sight.

The next morning I woke up to seeing boxes in the hallway.

"What the...? Aye V!! What's all these boxes?" I say as I walk around the house looking for her.

"Oh hey. Erm yeah soooo I'm moving out." She said.

"What?"

"Yeah. Well you got someone, I got someone. This isn't really going to work is it?"

"So you leaving Miracle here?"

"No!"

"Well you must be because this is Miracle's home!"

"Mason! I am her mother!"

"AND I AM HER FATHER! IT'S YOU WHO DONT WANT TO BE WITH ME V!! SO IF YOU WANT YO OWN PLACE AND TO FUCK AROUND WITH OLE BOY THEN GO HEAD!! BUT MY DAUGHTER STAYS HERE!!" I said walking off.

I was pissed. She didn't even sit me down and say this was her plan. I'm just seeing boxes and she finna tell me she moving out. She can miss me with all that bull.

"What is your problem? I thought that this is what you wanted?!"

"That's what you thought? Huh?"

"Yeah."

"You know what. I'm done with yo games. Take Miracle. We'll go to court about who has her."

"Court?"

"Yes! I'm done with your games! You think you can just tell me you leaving and take my daughter? So you can go lay with a next man and he be around my daughter more than me? Hell no! Where was that nigga when you was kidnapped and WE was out on the streets looking for you? Where was that nigga when I found you? Where was that nigga when you almost died and was in a coma for a week? WHERE WAS THAT NIGGA WHEN KING DIED??? WHERE THE FUCK WAS THIS NIGGA WHEN I PUT THREE BULLETS IN SYDNEY HEAD FOR MESSING WITCHU? HUH? Where was he? I can't hear you V! Tell me where he was! Tell me what he did! You here mad at me over the fact I lied to you yet you here in my house where my kids always are. You welcome them with open arms. Your practically best friends with my baby momma! I never slept with Brianna she lied! Other than lying I have done nothing wrong but you here treating me like the villain. Not that I want a thank you but not ONCE have you said thanks for everything I have done. I don't know why I thought bringing you here would have made you changed your mind. I must have been out of my fucking mind. But yeah. Do you V. Let me have my daughter whilst you finish packing." I said as I walked off and took Miracle.

I took her to the games room and played with my princess. She was daddy's little girl. I can't lie, she was Olivia's third leg but she did love being around me too. All was going well until the door opened, then Miracle goes running towards Olivia.

"So... I'm all packed." She said.

"Okay." I said.

"Mason I don't want to argue..."

"You leaving and taking my daughter?"

"Mason..."

"Answer the question."

"Yeah."

"Well I have nothing to say to you Olivia. Other than... See you in court." I said before walking off.

Olivia got me all the way fucked up if she thinks Ima be cool with her after this. I'm done. I made one mistake and she's blowing it all out of proportion.

Well fuck her.. Fuck Olivia...