Chapter 2

Harry nervously clasped his hand in front of himself, he took in a deep breath "I'm really sorry, Louis. I didn't mean what I said." he spoke devotedly but his reflection didn't look sorry. Faking happiness and sorrow was one of the few contributions the business had made to simplify Harry's life. That's what the man felt was best for him, to stay low on emotions. His arms were folded in front of his chest and his forehead was marked with tension. Nobody would buy this apology. He knew Louis was emotional and he would look straight through his.

After a second, he realized that the rehearsal for 'lets apologies to Louis' was failing its purpose.

"No. No. No! Damn it! " He scolded himself, looking at the mirror. But his tone was much more gentle than that he used on his husband yesterday.

"Good morning Louis, I just wanted to say..." he scrunched his nose.

What kind of an idiot are you, Harry? Why are you so tensed about talking to this boy? Just go, knock on the fucking door and apologize.

So Harry marched to Louis's door.

'Deep breaths. Harry, deep breaths' He chanted. You can easily charm this boy. He is twenty! How angry could he even be? Just be sweet to him and he should melt.

Harry gave himself some expertise

He raised his hand to knock at the door.

'Stop! Won't you give something to him?' his conscience asked him.

Harry looked around and since he was not prepared he picked up the first flower he saw in the vase he spotted.

It was a fresh bright red rose.

Okay. Now Harry was ready. He rubbed his sweaty palms and checked his hair was tied properly in a bun.

In his entire life, he had never offered a rose or shown any symbol of gratitude to any partner.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Harry didn't know how to react. After a few minutes, the door opened and Harry placed the rose right in front of Louis's face.

Louis sneezed and rubbed his face with his hands, "I'm awake." he announced in his morning voice while he recovered from the sneeze.

Harry withdrew his hand. What was he doing? He was royally screwing this up.

His eyes landed on Louis who was in a loose tank top and shorts, his hair were almost in a mess it looked like he just woke up from his sleep.

"You were sleeping?" Harry asked through knotted eyebrows.

"It's 5:45 in the morning, Harryyyy" Louis completed his sentence with a yawn.

He was right, it was pretty early in the morning, but Harry started his day early.

"Listen about yesterday... I came to apologize. I'm sorry. Really I am." he said.

But it didn't matter to Louis because at the end of the day he was living on Harry's money and Harry might be stressed. Right?

"It's alright you might have been stressed, I understand. It happens." he said with his hands on the door and his body hiding behind the door, slightly shy to show his body.

"I was just angry - wait?" Harry stopped rambling once Louis's words reached his ear.

He understood? Nobody had ever said something this caring to Harry. For the first time someone understood and it was Louis.

But on the other hand, Harry was out of words because giving the speech he had been preparing since the last half hour was a huge pile of waste now.