Chapter 26

*-*-*-*

A few days later

I heard my phone vibrate against the wooden side desk. Who was irritating me this early in the morning? I stretched my hand and sloppily place the phone on my ear.

"Hello?" my morning voice answered.

"I can't decide what to wear because for dinner at Zayn's place for dinner!" he announced.

Making me feel like getting and going to his house right now to hit him on his head. What was he thinking?

I glanced at the clock.

"It's at seven a.m. Liam. Is this the time you call me?"

"I thought you were up."

I simply wanted to start a petty fight with Liam at this point of time but my eyes landed on Olivia. She was wrapped up in her blanket. Soundly sleeping.

"I am just supposed to drive you over there."

"Louis this is serious." He sounded serious and I was controlling my laughter.

"Gosh! Relax Liam. Dress casual."

"Relax? What do you mean by relaxing? I need to look my best."

"You're just nervous." I'm sure he knew I was biting back a smile.

"Louis I need your help."

"Just come over for breakfast."

"Good morning, Lou." I heard Anne from behind. There was no way I was getting a chance to sleep again. I sighed. I just hope Olivia wouldn't wake up cranky.

"Anne's up I'll see you soon, Li."

"But Lou-" he protested.

"Just. Be. There." I quickly hung up.

"Good morning beautiful." I turned around and hugged her.

"Slept well?"

"I did. You?"

"Nah. Liam's call woke me up."

I walked to my room and freshened up. Olivia was still sleeping. I'm really happy she was, she doesn't leave me alone for a second when she is grumpy. Not that I mind. I smiled at her sight and made my way to the kitchen.

It was like an everyday drill for me to wake up and make breakfast but today was Sunday. Not only were we out of groceries but also I was too lazy to cook, maybe I could buy some pancake mix. I clicked a few buttons on the coffee maker and waited for it to prepare some coffee for Anne and me. Side by side I made a list of all the things I needed to restock.

This was going to take me an hour at the supermarket. The coffee was ready I poured some for both of us and handed Anne her mug.

"I'll be going to the supermarket we're out of food." I said and took a sip of my coffee. It worked like a magic potion. I felt awake.

"Oh honey, I'll come along." She offered sweetly.

"No. You stay back with Olivia; you'll haven't spent much time together. Liam will join you'll in some time. I should be back by-" I looked at the wall clock, "Nine thirty."

She just smiled and agreed, she never misses out a chance to be with her granddaughter.

Within no time I left for shopping.

*Flashback*

"Sweetheart please stop crying." I rocked her in my arms, patting her back occasionally. She wouldn't stop crying. The week had been rough on both of us, my extra shifts were becoming a problem. Sometimes I feel bad that Liam has to go through so much trouble because of me.