chapter 7

"I called for spaghetti, it's on its way. Do you want anything else?" Harry asked

Louis, both of them had yet not recovered from the little incident in the elevator. To God's grace Harry didn't care what the staff thought of him, but Louis, Louis was pretty worked up about it. Not because of the embarrassment, but the feeling, the rush he got with Harry's lips on his. He wanted that again. Unlike Harry, he didn't wish to feel this way.

Louis shook his head to say no and quietly walked back to his room.

He made no eye contact or conversations, his replies were in simple nods as yes or no and Harry didn't want it to be that way, he wanted Louis to be happy about what happened or at least have no regrets.

The rain was pouring heavily outside, the blue eyes just stared at the window watching the rain clatter against the glass.

The boy changed into his pajamas and a cotton T-shirt, it had been a little chilly so he wore his thin hoodie. The couple ate dinner in silence. A pang of guilt hit Harry's gut, he knew that what he had done to Louis was wrong and uncalled for (not that he would undo it). He had his mind racing over it since the kiss, scratch that. Since the make-out session.

Louis finished his night chores and then Harry followed. The boy had been lying down on the bed cuddled up in his blanket, staring outside the window, waiting for sleep to arrive.

It had still been raining, a loud thud of thunder was heard and the boy squeezed his eyes shut. The haunting memories coming back to him.

Flashback

The night had been long and dreaded. After the rejection from Daniel, Louis had somehow managed to pick himself up from the front porch and drag his feet all the way to his home, no doubt it was late.

At his door he was greeted by his father who seemed to be simmering with anger, his eyes landed on his mother who stood behind him and held regret in her eyes.

Louis had been soaked in the rain and his ribs hurt not sure if he could feel them anymore, he was too numb and his heart was shattered.

The tension between the boy and his father was massive, ignoring everything he stepped inside and walked up to his room. No words were exchanged after a quick shower, which consisted of him crying his eyes out once again, the boy fixed himself up and wore a black full sleeve shirt to cover all the bruises that had been formed by the beating earlier.

There was a shrill knock on the door, it was Louis's mom.

Her eyes were all teary as she hugged her son like her life depended on it, "I'm so sorry Boo bear." She wept on his chest.

Louis was caught off guard, "What happen mom?" he hugged the lady back.

"Louis I told him, I'm sorry boo. I didn't know he would react like this." Hot tears streamed down the boys face, his father knew that Louis was gay and there were definitely going to be consequences.

End of flashback

That night had been a horror, not a day had gone by where Louis wasn't treated like a disgrace at home. His father had removed Louis from high school and admitted his son into a graduation course. Away from all the friends Louis had ever made. The boy couldn't blame his mother. He loved both his parents too much and even though the way of being treated broke him down every day, he never argued back managing to finish his studies earlier than usual. Louis got a job waiting and hoping that time would fill up the huge hole in his heart. Silent tears rolled down the boy's cheeks.

And with Harry, he wasn't sure.

The mattress dipped on the other side and the man noticed to boy's sniffles, "Lou?"