Chapter 24

"Hey! Louis, wake up

"Hey! Louis, wake up. We've reached." Harry shook Louis's shoulder. The boy woke up in an alarmed manner. Sitting up straight, looking, either way, to see what was wrong.

"What happened?" Sleepy as a baby, he asked. He looked like he was ready to run in case something bad was happening.

"We reached the house."

Harry didn't understand when Louis blushed at his statement, for the first time he was getting irritated on Louis and he couldn't figure out the reason, which frustrated the curly-haired man even more. It felt like his palms were twitching. He knew he had to control himself. Not for himself or Louis but for the situation, he was still in was mind. Should he confess to Louis that he regrets the kiss, it was a hasty and indecisive thing to just throw himself at Louis.

Louis didn't seem to mind it.

A voice inside his head said to him but Harry disagreed. He expected to be truthful to himself. He wanted to start over and he wanted both of them to start from a clean slate.

The couple walked towards the house in awkward silence.

"Sorry." The boy said silently, what sounded like it was an apology for 'sleeping in the car' felt more like an apology 'I'm sorry for everything I've done.'

I part of Harry wanted to instantly say it's okay and hug the boy like his life depended on it but after their reunion, the tension in the atmosphere was too thick.

I will find myself giving up everything for you but why can't I just forgive you.

Harry felt like he couldn't form words. He felt speechless. Louis handed him the house keys and he found His icy cold fingers fidgeting with the bunch of keys. Making enough noise to cover up the tensed ambiance and not give the boy a chance to speak.

Louis, on the other hand, had slumped shoulders and had started feeling stupid about his 'little dream'.

Harry was behaving aloof and he had no idea how to deal with it this time. It was painful enough to deal with his cold ways when Louis didn't love him but now after they came so far together, Louis didn't know what to do.

They entered the house once Harry opened the door and he went to search for the lights.

"Are you hungry?"

Déja-Vu

It was just like his dream all over again. Louis froze in his place, according to the drill he was supposed to run up to his room. But he didn't. Instead, he just stared at Harry who stood their contradicting Louis's shocked expression.

"I'm sorry about earlier." The man said, thinking he'd bring some ease to Louis's storming mind. Harry new Louis would overthink sometime.

Louis's eyebrows furrowed asking a silent question, 'why'.