Chapter 49

Thank you for reading this book, reaching up to chapter 49. I request you to hang in, enjoy the read, vote and comment .

_*_*

"I-I don't know." Louis mumbled and looked away.

It was a second after harry's eye flashed an emotion of regret, he was quick to mask it.

He felt a hollowness build in his chest and if Louis wasn't in front of him he would have probably broken things or two because after all his attempts here they were. Still starring at each other awkwardly.

He guessed it was how life would be.

Louis would leave as soon as the week got over.

Maybe he runs away from Harry by choice.

Harry felted dejected.

He sighed and his thumb lightly rubbed Louis's cheek before he moved his hand away.

He clearly didn't want to tell Harry.

"Lets go." Harry held Louis's wrist and spoke softly.

He couldn't fight for them anymore. Especially when Louis never even tried.

Louis pursed his lips and followed Harry.

He was feeling guilty.

"Wait." He tugged the man's arm.

Harry didn't have time to register what was happening, one minute Louis was shying away but now he was hugging Harry. So tight.

Like he was scared of letting Harry go.

"Why are you letting me ruin your night like this. Haven't I ruined your life enough?"Louis's voice was heavy.

Harry sighed and hugged the boy back. But the hug didn't let long from his side.

He was quick to place a kiss on the boy's temple and then he roughly disheveled Louis's hair.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." he mumbled against Harry's shoulder with a grip around his shoulder as strong as death.

Harry was hurting and so was Louis.

"I lost you the day we got a divorce Harry and even after all this time-" Louis pressed his lips against Harry's shoulders to stop himself from speaking.

He knew he was spilling out too many things by speaking right now but he couldn't keep his thoughts to himself anymore.

"I'm still scared I'll lose you."

If you keep going like this. You will lose me.

Harry did think about it but he chooses to keep quiet.

"We'll call it a night." Harry rubbed Louis's back briefly.

He didn't know if he could quite take the pain of heartbreak anymore.

Yes, Louis broke his heart. His chest hurt but he had learned how to keep mum.

Because when everyone knew, they took advantage of him. The only one who didn't wasn't even willing to be with him anymore.

Harry knew Louis wouldn't take Olivia away from him or his family but he just wanted a little more than being Olivia's father. He wanted to be Louis's husband.

"No. I'm not going anywhere till you know." Louis whispered, " You deserve to know."

Harry felt his heartbeat spike.

"Just." Louis stepped away from Harry and he held the man's hand.

"Just promise me you'll let me hold you. Let me spend the night with you."