Chapter 3

---Flashback----

I cannot apologies for being who I am. I wouldn't.

They would hate me. But it made no difference... they already hate me.

Everyone hates me.

I hate me.

But not him...

He loves me

I could do anything for him; he was the only person I look up too.

It was our third month anniversary and I was going to confess my love for him but fate had other plans. My mother argued with me when I told her was I meeting him, I went anyway.

It would be all right when I'd be wrapped in his arms.

I had rehearsed the entire day, even though I was sure of what to say I was shaky about it.

That didn't make any sense!

I know.

But that's what happens when you're in love with someone. Most of the things don't make sense. every minute that passed by slowly crushed my heart. I waited for what seemed like hours but he never showed up. Maybe I should have left everything and called it a day, curling in my blanket on a cold night. Maybe he forgot about the date? we could sort this, couldn't we?

On the walk to his house, a hundred thoughts ran through my head.

Was he okay?

did he not want me?

I still remember the disappointed look on my mother's face when she found out about my sexuality, but gay was okay! Wasn't it?

But after 17 years I had grown tired of trying to be the perfect son. My own parents shunned me away like I wasn't their child, all those harsh words would always stay with me.

But Daniel never made me feel bad about myself.

He was there with me, he held me when I cried, he loved me even with the bruises I had when my father hit me for punishing me.

Nobody knew about our relationship.

When I reached his house, his behavior had taken an odd turn.

"My image! The entire high school is going to make fun of me!" he barked. Even though his words hurt, I listened carefully.

"She won't tell anyone?" I whispered not sure if he heard. I sounded unsure.

"And then what? She will hate me like she hates her son. " he was angry and loud.

After a while, I felt a sharp pain that shot at the back of my head. He had pushed me against the wall harshly.

I didn't know how to react so I spoke the first thing that came to my mind, in hopes that he would return the feelings back.

"I love you, Dannie." I spoke softly my voice almost breaking in fear, my breathing became uneven. My mind forgetting every word he said.

Before I knew it I was on the ground after he slapped me, my cheek felt like it was boiling. The impact of each kick, on my rib, and on my stomach made me feel more and more numb.

My eyes watered in the pain but I bared it with my mouth shut. This wasn't the first time, my father behaved this way too.

At a point his kicks become timid and he stopped when his entire frustration came out.